How can you tell if a guy is interested online in a long distance relationship?

I know people communicate in different ways, so my concern is that he doesn't write long messages to me, only short ones and doesn't ask anything about my life. Me and him live in different countries but have agreed to visit each other because we really like each other. I visited him once and we really hit it off with tons of passion and lively conversation, but the last day before I left he was really distant and didn't act like he was wanting to pursue me anymore. I messaged him first when I left, so now I feel stupid because I'll never know if thats the only reason he's been talking to me. When we were together he was really insistent on starting a relationship with me and possibly moving to the same city this year. I don't know what to do because now I feel like I will take the back burner and he will forget about me, which is something he didn't want me to do to him. Should I just stop writing to him for a while to see his reaction? He always responds really nicely, but I want him to take the initiative and visit me in my country this time so that I know he isn't just doing this because he's lonely or something. Anyways, the mixed signals are driving me crazy.

Yeah he was incredibly enthusiastic about being with me. He paid for everything, was very genuine in all of his compliments, and even confessed he loved me. The last day he even gave me a beautiful picture he had taken of me to use as a profile pic

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough being in long distance relationships. I was in one so I know how it feels.I do think in order to keep the passion going that your right the messages should be longer.He should visit you in your ocuntry since you took the intiative and visited him in his country. The only bad part like you said is if one person looses interest which can happen.I think you shouldn't have to be the one writing all the time and intiating things.He should od it on his own as well.I think long distance can work but both parties have to be on the same page.Since you visited him the cold reaction he gave you before you left wasn't a good sign.Maybe that was his way of missing you, etc. When you visited him did he do anythign special for you?

• Yeah he was incredibly enthusiastic about being with me. He paid for everything, was very genuine in all of his compliments, and even confessed he loved me. The last day he even gave me a beautiful picture he had taken of me to use as a profile picture. But when then he said, now you can use it to show off to other guys. I mean whats with that. I just felt unwanted at that point, but in a weird mixed signal kind of a way.

• Thanks! Yeah, its been a lot of time on my part. When I visited him, I went traveling with my friends as well so there wasn't so much effort or time wasted. Seeing him was one of the things I did on the side, but I didn't think it would become so serious so fast. But I think there's really nothing I can do at this point anyways except keep going in the direction I'm headed.

• Your very welcome. That is cool that you went with friends.What did your friends think about him? Did your friends hang out with you and him? Im glad it wasn't time wasted.And he should be happy you saw him.Yeah it does seem to be moving fast which is good. And your right it's not much you can do. But it seems like things are going good so far which is very good.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0