Why would a guy never date or have a relationship with a woman?

I met a 36 year old man at my college yesterday. The topic of relationships came up. He told me in his entire life he never dated and doesn't plan on it. He said he has better things to do. He has female friends but doesn't want to go out with them. He has no plans of ever having kids or getting married. He basically told me that romance is overrated and wants to be alone. From what it seems he looks happy and content being on his own. Are there some men who are just not interested in women?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women don't make sense. They are irrational, needlessly complicated, can hold grudges, be manipulative, at times act so insane they can seem made for the mental asylum, cause fights, pick fights, do not communicate what they are feeling and wonder why you aren't reading their minds, they are vindictive, sly, greedy, jealous, petty, pathetic, and the list can go on.

Some men can be this way, yes. But most women are this way by nature.

If the guy can live without sex- the other things that come with it, like the above, he will be without, too. In my dealings with women, if you remove sex from the equation, and how it makes us men feel, it really isn't worth the other "Baggage" that goes along with it. (haha Johnny Cash is talking about the ring of fire as I write this)

I am hoping beyond hope that there is a woman out there for me who is not like... other women. Women simply have no clue how much of a turnoff it is. For example, when they insist on being right, even when they know they are wrong. What ever happened to being right? It means nothing to most women. I am going off on a tangent.

If I did not have a hideously high sex drive I'd like to be where your friend is.

What Girls Said 4

• He is probably into having sex more, or doesn't need a women to validate his happiness. He is content with his life and doesn't need a relationship to prove to others he is happy

• bc he doesn't want a relationship. or bc no one wanted him. not necessarily mutually exclusive.

• maybe he's asexual? or just doesn't think it's worth the bother.

• Maybe he's been burned before and doesn't want to go through that pain. You don't need to be in a relationship to be hurt by someone.

Is he really shy and quiet? Maybe he really does want one but is too scared to initiate one?

• He's a very outgoing person. That's what he told me. He claims he doesn't ask women out because he doesn't want to be bothered with the burden of having a girlfriend.

What Guys Said 1

• Well as he said, he had better things to do. Doesn't mean he is entirely uninterested in women though. But just not enough to actually bother with any of the relationship stuff.