GUYS AND GALS: What are the rules of messaging the guy you like?

All these stupid rules about texting back to quick or being the first to always start the conversation makes you look desperate. Guys, what do you think of these rules? Do you even notice if a girl is texting back to quick or always starting the conversation? Girls, do you follow these rules? What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• THANL YOU for asking this question. I have asked it before too. I have texting/calling 'rules' and I consider them all to be games and I will not play. I think if 2 people like each other, go for each other! Who cares who texts/calls when. If I am into a girl, I like to talk to her, this doesn't mean I am desperate or clingy, it means I like her and want to talk to her. Sorry, this is a thing I really hate with a passion. We should ban cell phones in dating and only be able to use and old fashion phone or write a letter or talk f2f.

What Guys Said 4

• Those rules are just stupid things people make in order to turn communication, into some sort of game. They end up making it harder to understand each other, as one is playing the game and the other isn't.

• The only rule i have is no texting about relationship issues. Always a phone call or in person. It hasn't been followed yet but still

• There is only rule: TEXT US WHEN YOU WANT TO TALK. DO NOT WAIT FOR US TO TEXT FIRST.

• I hate how most girls make guys be the ones who text first

What Girls Said 2

• I hate playing these games. If a person likes someone, he/she should be straightforward instead of strategically disappearing and/or taking too long to reply on purpose. It's not very mature and things will be confusing. It speaks a lot of him/her in regards of how things might be later on.

I simply go with the flow. If I feel like texting to a guy I like, I'll just do it. If a guy starts taking too long or it seems somehow that he's playing games, I can't help but think he's not that interested and I lose interest myself.

The only important "rule" would probably be to avoid overdoing it, as in spamming too many messages and expecting instant attention, but that's common courtesy :)

• I think the rules are stupid and very annoying. If two people like each other why play games? It is unnecessary and messes with people's emotions.