Guys - would you date a girl that, when you met her, she was very ugly, but some years later, she's much better?

When you meet someone new, you make unconscious judgements of the person based on their physical appearance. You decide if you would mate with them or not, if you would trust them or not, etc etc etc.
Now let's imagine you first meet a girl when she's 13 and she's all ugly and weird and all flat and sad-looking. You unconsciously decide she isn't "matable", and counciously note how she's ugly.

Some years later you see her again and she's much prettier and curvy and happy and has a beautiful long hair, almost unrecognizable.

Would you change your opinion about her? Or would that first impression remain forever?

I just want to know if I have a chance with a certain boy :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Time can definitely change someone. I went to high school with a girl who just was not attractive at all. One day our senior year this gorgeous woman walked into my class. I figured she was new. Then the teacher called her name and half the jaws in the class dropped. It was the homely girl. Incredible.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes. I've done it before.

• Yes my opinion would change, and it has numerous times, with girls I was in school with. Also another thing, I have had an experience where at first I wasn't attracted to a girl, but as I got to know her, her personality over shone her looks and her 'appeal' overall increased dramatically in my eyes so much so I developed feelings for her.

• as long as the first meeting was based on physical appearance and not including personality then yes she would be of interest but if during the earlier years she had a bad personality I would not (people personality's rarely change very much)

• It'd change my opinion of how visually attractive she is, but not about her as a person.

• I have never seen that happen before. But yes.

What Girls Said 0