If a guy messages you first, and has a girlfriend what does that mean?

This one guy messaged me and I had no clue he has a girlfriend, but I really like this guy. We talk about hooking up, but I don't know. Should I feel guilty?

Most Helpful Guy

• hmm..find out how long they have been dating and maybe get some more background about this guy...He could easily be a playa that cheats a lot...but I don't know use good judgement and try to avoid unneeded drama...

What Guys Said 1

• i would try and get to know the situation as to why he wants to meet some1 else wheh he is seein some1. I don't think this is to bad just don't go out with him until you no it, then make a judgement once you do no, otherwise you never no- he cud want out or jus b having a fling with some1

What Girls Said 3

• No, you shouldn't feel guilty not knowing, but I would feel guilty if it went any further. Being the other woman always means you're helping a guy treat a girl like sh*t. And yeah, maybe their relationship isn't the best at that point anyway, but isn't that all the more reason for him to end it first? Besides, would you really want to be with a guy who treats his girlfriends like that? If so, what makes you think you're immune?

• Thanks, I have been struggling to know for like ever. And I don't think it is going to futher, cause I feel guilty just talking to him about hooking up. thanks your advice means alot. :)

• You're welcome. Glad I said something useful.

• no you shouldn't. but you shouldn't hook up with him either. He's an asshole for doing this to his girlfriend. and you shouldn't be helping him.

• don't talk to him anymore. he has a girlfriend, and if he's treating his girlfriend like this behind her back, then he wouldn't treat you any better.