Boss dating employee (good or bad idea)...?

Say you were the boss of a small company and one of your employees asked you out, would you?

Most Helpful Guy

• probably not. However I would consider getting to know someone on a personal level, being friends and what not and then maybe see about dating at some point down the line there. but to sort of go 0-60 (employee to dating) sounds like a big step fraught with a lot of potential issues

• my former boss ended up marrying one of my co-workers. btu they sort of established a very strong platonic relationship first

What Girls Said 2

• If it doesn't work out there's going to be a lot of complications so is reconsider and thread carefully

• Nope I wouldn't touch it, if either parties are not willing to lay ground rules and as individuals respect the other then it won't work. Although I no more cases where it wirked, and the people were able to stop sleeping with each other and still remain friends, but that's only a life for true mature people. Not people who's not in control of their emotions and can't see what's at steak in the long run. So if your one of those people who can't control themselves than do do it

What Guys Said 3

• Smash it with the force of 1000 pandas.

• I wouldn't do it. The powers that be, will almost always see the boss as some sort of predator if things go badly, even if it is the employee that goes crazy.

• It's hard to say. I was in the opposite position. I was the boss over the pool and tennis at a country club, and I dated one of the lifeguards that worked for me. A couple girls held it against her because they thought that I would favor her, which I didn't (or they liked me too). So it was definitely harder on her. It didn't matter for me because I was the boss, so nobody could really say anything to me about it.