MEN: Would you date a single mom?

MEN: Would you date a single mom?
MEN: Would you date a single mom?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what type of relationship I am looking for. I might date her, but I wouldn't consider marrying her. I have been a stepfather before, and it was a living hell. That isn't happening again.

• The father wasn't in the picture in my case, and just because the kid is older doesn't mean they were out of the picture. They can move back in, refuse to get a job, dirty the house, never clean anything, breaks stuff, borrow money, and steal stuff. If I, as the non-parent, say anything then I am just the evil outsider that doesn't care about "her" children. Never again.

• I agree with anonymous.

What Girls Said 2

• no never date a guy with a child too much drama for me i like to be his first to have a kid with

• Honestly most likely no. Of all the guys I know I can't even think of one guy that would be into dating a single mom

What Guys Said 13

• I have been in this position before as a man entering into a relationship with a woman who had a child from a previous relationship.

I really don't think the women often appreciate just how incredibly hard it is for a man to do that. We're fragile at the bet of time and often a lot more insecure than you realise. Not only do we have to deal with the fact that another man has a lifetime biological connection to your partner, even if you go on to have children of your own, someone else will still always be the father of her first child. You can never escape that hold he'll have on her.

Also, when you start a new relationship there's that magic time when you feel like the most important thing in your partners world. That's incredibly special and you'll miss that.. If the woman has children you'll *never* be the most important thing in her world. Sure, she may love you and appreciate you, but when it comes down to it the children will always come before you.

I've been there, whenever there's a challenge to deal with or maybe you have a disagreement about something the wall comes up around her & the child and as long as *they* are ok, that's all that matters. I loved my last girlfriend *and* her son, treated him like he was my own and he told his mum many times that he wished I was his dad, yet still any little blip along the way and she'd circle the wagons with them on the inside and me on the outside and that hurts like hell.

Never again.

• Meaning you had different views about discipline and she was protective of her son?

• No, not at all. I just mean the kind of normal day-to-day challenges that face anyone, work/school/financial etc. An attitude of 'whatever the problem, as long as me and MY child are ok, that's all that matters'

• Men typically don't want to take care of someone else's ejaculate.

Young men will flee. Unless they stick around just for sex. But there's virtually no hope for a long term deal.

Older men might stick around...
    1. Because the mother is still young and hot. She will be loyal because she's desperate for financial support or a father figure for the kid.
    2. Because the older guy has a kid himself too.
    3. Because he's old and can't score the hot women, he has to "compromise".

• I'd date a single mom IF
    *-I like her
    *-The child (ren) are under 8.
    *-The dad has disappeared. I hate the interaction and problems with jealous guys and adolescents playing them out against each other.

• Im age 28 and I would be open to dating a single mom (although I would have to weigh out that situation first).

• I would not, she has already been defiled and has demonspawns nibbling on her tits...

• It would depend. What was the girl like? Is she respectable? Is her baby half-black? (sorry if that's inappropriate but it matters a lot) Does the mother still try to take care of herself?

• hahahah half black

• I'm curious why it would matter (baby being half black, it's more specific than mixed) don't answer if u think I'm going to just start a riot, but I am really curious, I can't imagine the implications

• PhiOmega, of course it matters. Despite your trying illustrate some sense of higher morality, the fact is, it matters to everyone. Even you. The difference is, Notscott isn't lying about it. You are.

People who claim to be non-judgmental are the biggest hypocrites. I am sure you have uttered words under your breath because someone was rich, poor, black, Chinese, Indian, physically or mentally challenged.

You probably think the world accepts gay people too, without realizing that 95% of the people on this planet are against gays and lesbians.

• I don't want kids and doubt I'd ever want one in the near future. Not that I do not like kids, but my reasons for having a child (or caring for another) should go well beyond my needs.

• If she's hot? I don't have any prob with M.I.L.Fsss!

• Maybe one day when I become a real manly man. Like age 30 I'd be into it. But only if she was like a model

• Yes, I'm at the point in my life that I'm looking to find someone to start a family with and I really don't have any issues with someone who already has a child.

• No... I wouldn't

• Id bang her but not date her

• generally no but would depend on the girl and how interested I was in her , there is some interesting single mom's out there