Men - Is It Impossible - can you relate?

I only want find a new man who's got light eyes and medium or dark hair who's also intelligent to be my guy.

I am not saying I'm soooo picky, it's just what I like, but I feel like it's never the type of guy I like asking me out lately.

And I've had 3-4 guys approach me lately but none of them fit that description, or were even close :(

As guys, do you have a type yet find the wrong girls hitting on you?

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to your requirements for a guy, you are welcome to have whatever requirements that you wish. However, you need to understand and accept that the more requirements you have, the fewer men are going to meet them, and the harder it is going to be for you to find a match.

Your options are these:

1. remain single for a long time hoping the right guy will come along.
    2. relax your standards so that more guys are acceptable.
    3. take a much more active role in finding exactly the type of guy that you want, rather than just waiting for them to come to you.

#3 means you need to get on some dating sites, build a quality profile that describes what you're looking for, and what you have to offer in return (remember: you are essentially selling yourself, so you have to be providing a similar value to the guy as he's providing to you). It means being active on those sites, responding to emails, etc. It also means going to events in your area where singles are likely to be, and actively meeting guys. You have to put yourself out there in an active way so that you can "process" a LOT of guys, because when your target is so narrow, it's really a numbers game, and the more guys you meet, the more likely you'll find a guy who matches your requirements.

• Well said.

• Well, obviously, if you are actively meeting guys, you will find some with great personalities too (among the jerks, sure). You just need to keep in mind that it's a NUMBERS GAME, and that there is going to be a lot of chaff mixed in among the wheat, and it's your job to sift through it.

• Very true about the chaff mixed in among the wheat. I have to admit, I've only lately made it more of a goal to see what's out there. It's on me that I didn't start really looking sooner.

What Guys Said 7

• Why, yes I did, so I went shopping for my ideal and we were married after only 4 months. Why can't you go shopping?

• Where did you go shopping? LOL

• Thought back on friends I wished to be closer; then desirable attributes, esp. those lacking in past relationships. Phoning, greeting cards if distant, ask for a dance if nearby.

• My physical expectations aren't much. If she's good looking and lives a healthy lifestyle, that's good enough for me. What always gets me is the emotional/personal connection. I always feel like I have to pretend to be someone I'm not, and I don't like that

• Look at how you present yourself. You can usually control the type of person you attract.

• Really? I don't know about that... because mostly people who like you/feel attracted will come on to you and take a shot even if you didn't ask for that attention.

• Try just making friends with the type of guy you're into.

• Cool :)

• Start approaching them instead.

• Most guys aren't that picky, as long as she is attractive.

• when you reach a certain age, you accept what you get

• Are you kidding? Whoever has that sort of loser mentality, that's their problem, not mine. I wouldn't advise you, or anyone else, to settle for anything. And I don't have to ;)

• not a loser mentality.. inbox me..Im following you. I will explain why I think like the way I do. Nothing bad..

• my ex fiancee burned me for 7 years, the last 4 others I dated used me for laptops, jewelry, cell phones, and sex. So its not a loser mentality, its just a very guarded heart.

• I am ridiculously picky as well, but I don't have a specific checklist down to the color of her eyes or hair. I just like girls with a really cute face, with a nice smile, a small frame and a cool personality.

• Nice to hear that you like a small frame. I'm totally all of 5ft tall so overall where I can look at some flaws I might have, I enjoy being petite, LOL.

What Girls Said 0