Would you ever date someone who's religious?

I'm a Christian and I love God. But my family isn't overly religious meaning we don't go to church often. The thing is that I love God and God has been a big part of my life. Though I know that a lot of people these days are no longer Christians or part of other religions. So if you liked a girl who's religious like me, would you go out with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• many Christian guys are out there are looking for good Christian girls too.
    dont worry, believe God will send you a husband. just be faithful to Him.

• thanks for MH. I'm a Christian guy and you have no idea how attractive are God-fearing/loving Christian girls. not to be confused with religious, and i already found someone :)

seriously, not lying, a Christian guy will find you like gold. just be faithful to God and trust Him ;)

What Guys Said 15

• If they weren't to serious about it and didn't proselytize I'd be open too it. I think the bigger question is would she date an atheist like me?

• I have a difficult time seeing it work out long-term.

Going to church every weak to appease a S.O. doesn't sound appealing. At all. And besides, if there IS a god, then I'm pretty sure he/she/it gave us Sundays for sleeping in and watching football anyway.

• The point is another one: You can't build up a serious relationship with somebody who doesn't share a very similar world view, it will never work out (besides scientific statistics like this one:
    A. Bruder, Geschichte der Individualpsychologie, Vandenhoeck&Ruprecht: 1999 [History of Individual Psychology], lots of personal experience as marriage counselor).
    Therefore it doesn't have to matter to you whether they would or not. The question is: Do you look for something serious? Then you have to search among people who share at least the very basics of your world view.

• I personally think religion is incredibly overrated. I don't understand how anybody can believe in some of the stuff out there. So, if someone were very devoutly religious, I would likely not want to date them.

• I would, but it depends how much you relate God to daily things. I wouldn't want to hear about God influencing decisions in our relationship or any other choices concerning our lives. I would want to hear pure reason and logic, and have your God for self reflection and development.

• In a Christian myself and would actually prefer to date other Christians so the answer to your question is yes. Besides I plan on raising my children Christian having a Christian wife makes the process go very smoothly.

• Not really no, if you want a relationship with God then fine but dont cheat on me with him. And all this no sex before marriage and sinning stuff. No, just no

• The question goes back at you. Do you really want to be with someone who is agnostic and has problems with everything you believe and follow?

• Yes I don't really care about a persons religion. The particular individual matters to me.

• I tend to look for a girl who is more spiritual than religious..because in my opinion if it meant the world to you then you wouldn't let it be your religion but your faith..i don't know i'm weird.

• Sure, I'd give it a shot.

• Yes, of coarse. But she has to be open minded and she should be able to understand me. I would love to talk about religious topics to her, but if she does not understand me, then i won't be able to be with her.

• Sure...why not? You just need to get out of comfort zone while dating and nothing else..

• I think those are the girls i would only go out with, no offense to others but i prefer someone who holds my beliefs and is equally yoked as a beliver

• not if they were really religious, feels like I'd be judged all the time, not just by the gf, but god by the girlsfriends side

What Girls Said 6

• I'm a Christian and won't date outside my religion. Makes life so much easier. Why not stick it out for a Christian guy? They're out there.

• I know that but I don't think I've met many lately. Or perhaps I did but I haven't found out

• No one can force you to stay within your religion, of course, but just be aware that the potential for some serious conflicts is there if they challenge your belief system. That's why I choose to date within my religion. Makes that entire situation a non issue.

• I would go out with a guy who is religious, as long as we are not trying to change it other

• I'm spiritual but not religious, and I wouldn't date anyone who made religion a large part of their life, just because we wouldn't be able to understand one another.

• you're a spiritual atheist? o_0

• "Not into religion doesn't equal atheist"

which is the very reason i asked for clarification on if she was.

"You can be a spiritual atheist as well."

Atheists believe in a variety of things regardless of it if contradicts their beliefs or not. Some atheists believe in relativism, some believe in objective morality, some atheists believe in materialistic naturalism, others believe in the immaterial, some believe in scientism, others are more rational and accept evidence objectively.

One cannot claim to be "spiritual" means one believes in the immaterial, a non physical part of human nature related to the soul. Rather the very claim is self contradictory, i'd understand if they were agnostic but a strict atheist is either confused what theybelieve in to claim spirituality or they are not an atheist. rather post modern atheists of the new atheist movement from a christian foundation tend to believe in spirits though

• Well I grew up in a christian household and used to consider myself a Christian. After reading the Bible, I realised I didn't agree with a lot of it and I didn't want to be a shopping-cart Christian. I also think institutionalised religion has become a businesss and often a way to promote hate, judgment and intolerance. While I have no problem with people believing in whatever they want, I don't think it should be forced on others. I believe in a higher power and have read various lexicons/mythologies that I can find my own truth/guidance in.

In short, I'm agnostic I guess? hahaha

• Religious guys are first on my list.

• I would date a muslim because I would understand him, but that's about it.

• i wouldn't, but, hey, stephen hawking married a christian, and he's hardly religious.