A guy I met online and want to meet in person is driving for a few hours to see me. Is it wrong to let him sleep at my family's house? See details?

If a guy is already willing to spend so much of his time and money on gas to spend some time with me, should I still make him pay for a hotel room and food on top of it? Or would it be okay to let him stay at my family's house for the weekend? How should I bring this up to my parents so that they might be okay with it?

We've already talked on Skype quite a bit and seem to click really well. He wants a relationship, but I wanted to wait to make things official until we can spend real time together. I'm just not sure how to get my parents on board.

Most Helpful Guy

• I did a long distance relationship for a long time. The first couple times we would stay at a hotel room and not at our parents. But after that our parents got on board as u say. It was fun but hard at the same time. I wouldn't take it back and it's worth a try, what do u have to loose?

• That's how I feel about it. He was the one that decided right away he wanted a relationship with me, but I told him I wanted to spend some actual time together first. I don't want him having a hotel room the first time he's here because I know he'd want me to go there and try to get intimate right away, like I told the other person who answered this. I'm not ready to jump into it that fast. How long were you in that relationship? Was it the distance that eventually made you decide to end it or was it something else?

• No we eventually lived together for a while but things just didn't work out. The long distance thing is kinda fun because you never get sick of each other.

What Guys Said 3

• If it's just a few hours in the car you shouldn't feel like he is bending over backward like +4 or >6 sure but alotta people do like 2hr each way commutes I don't know. It is spendy to drive these day thoughdepending on the state especially I think it was considerate to think to offer him a spot to stay and If I were your folks would hugly prefer being asked that than having you dip off to a room with a dude from the web 1st time you met. Ask them and point out your plan B if they aren't on board they will be i'd think.

• That's another thing I was considering - if he's at my house, my parents (and myself) can rest assured that nothing would happen too fast. And it'll probably take him close to 4 hours to get to where I live.

• That's a very considerate thing to ask, but it's a bad idea. Meeting people off of the net is usually pretty safe but if it isn't and he's staying at your house, that's opening up the potential for a huge set of problems. Meet him a public place and leave separately. The first time at least.

• I'm not sure how to get your parents on board, either. I think it would be asking a lot of your folks to invite a guy into their home you've only met online, and whom they've never met. Good luck with that.

What Girls Said 3

• You do realize that the odds of any type of serious relationship is slim if he is far away-why even start something? I do not think it is wise to have him stay at your families. First off, even though you may 'know' him a little online--you don't truly know him. You could be inviting danger into your home. What if you don't hit it off? I could go on and on. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• NO. Even though you've talked on Skype, it's still a terrible idea to just let him stay at your house. You don't even really know him all that well. You may think you do, but just play it safe until you've hung out with him more.
    Just tell him that you're parents aren't okay with it.

• I like this idea! you should just tell your parents that you have someone special coming to see you! you should pay for the food and i think he should stay at your family house. No need for a hotel room lol. But maybe if you want privacy then maybe a hotel room would be the best for you! have a good time.

• Thanks! That was another thing I was thinking about with the hotel room. I know if we were alone he might try to get intimate right away and I don't want to rush into that

• He probably will! well if you don't want to get intimate with him then just tell him and let him stay at your family in that case.