Are you afraid to date other people? Why?

From Trust Issues to Germophobia what exactly keeps you out of "The Game"?

• Trust Issues
  • Between
  • Germophobia

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm afraid to date overall. I have too many trust issues and just scared too give one person 100% and they not give it in return. Makes sense? Its just so many factors in a relationship and so many things that can go wrong and so few that I believe can go right. Itsjust frustrating because when I have I crush I really want to pursue it and make it more than just a crush but then I start to think of all the negative aspects and just end up saying to myself, "fuck it what's the point?"

So yes I'm afraid to date, to marry, to be in a relationship and all that good stuff.

• Your fear makes sense. Though don't worry, somehow in some way you will find the courage to overcome what keeps you where you are. It takes a strong will to keep living in fear and eventually you will let your guard down and someone will weasel in. :D

Congratulations!

• That's the spirit!

• Thanks for most helpful. Now I see what I won lol

What Girls Said 10

• Well i feel it only natural to be afriad because your taking a risk that the other person can hurt you but how would you know if you dont take a risk. I tend to trust people and let people in fast and show themy true self as long as im comfortable but I feel it should be like that if the person has good intentions then no one wpuld need to worry.
    Mine is just hard to find a person that really likes me for me and wants to have a relationship. I tend to like people who dont like me lol

• I had a verbally and emotionally abusive ex. He left me with a lot of baggage and walls when it comes to men.

• Well it's not trusting people..It's more like feeling vulnerable, if you in a relationship or trying to date, you have to put yourself out there and I hate the part of that, That's why I haven't tried dating or having a bf or like the idea of it

• That's okay. There's not much to gain when young from playing House anyway.

• Lol thank you very much..I love Bob McFerrin-Don't worry, Be happy

• I am not afraid, I am not blind enough :)

• Put on some Love Shades. :p

• How do you know what I need. What is this horse thing? You are really crazy.

• I did tell you I was a madman. <3

• I have a boundary issue lol i tend to have a certain distance from others.
    Also i stay work almost 24/7 which is also hard to meet people in general..:( and inexperience gives me freaking out on a date lol haha

• Attachment. I get too attached to certain people. So I prefer to keep my distance. Im afraid I might lose them.

• fear i would say...fear of getting hurt again

• no maybe a little shy

• I'm afraid of getting trapped in a situation where one of us is unhappy. So I'm afraid of both committing and being rejected. Haha, I'm not good at relationships, as you see.

• If you're thinking that far ahead then you're very good at relationships. Most people don't. And most people fail. It's a matter of knowing when to quit but that doesn't mean to never try.

• I wouldn't say afraid per say but I definitely have a wall up I have trust issues. I have been cheated and lied to and it doesn't feel good. So when I date I have a wall up that I easily start letting down when I see its ok. I take it slow with a guy.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd love to date but my life is just a total mess right now. I have a lot things I need to take care of first.

• Germophobia made me laugh. Haha!!!

I'm not afraid to date, no. If anything I'm the opposite...I see genuine connections as exceedingly rare and difficult to find, so you gotta embrace that when it happens.

• I can't stand people. Fake people that is. That is about what is walking around.

• Afraid to date? No.
    Too smart to marry? Yes.

• Neither... dating new girls always has its pros.

• I'm trying to remember how I feel about that

• Not sure what to call it...trust issues are there for me definitely. But on top of that, I'm really not sure. I've lacked motivation to even try talking to a girl because I don't like the feeling of crushing on someone. I mean yeah, it's cool at first but then it turns into the million-question game inside your head among other things, and it's just not fun for me anymore.

I just don't really care to put myself out there, to keep hammering away at finding someone who will like me. To go through disappointment, questioning yourself, having to go through all the bad people, putting yourself out there risking embarrassment and rejection all in the name of supposed self-improvement, and so on.

I'm not an insecure person (despite this post sounding a lot like it), I'm just trying to figure out and put into words why dating has lost appeal to me. I heard someone tell me a quote as a way to provide perspective and encouragement to me: "Some people will find a good grape, and then go through the whole bowl to find another one just because they know what it's like. Others will have bad grapes early on, and will put the bowl down"

I think that describes me well. I haven't had bad relationships or shitty situations like I see others going through. I've always been a bit cautious with things in life and as soon as I tried stepping into that whole world, I didn't see why people could experience all this bad and annoying stuff for moments of happiness here and there. Doesn't strike me as something worth chasing.

So yeah, I'm "one of those" who stays away from that sort of thing, has his own hobbies to enjoy, is a crazy dog lady lol, and my biggest issue to deal with right now in regards to all this is how to get people to stop asking "Why are you still single?", "What's an attractive guy like you doing not taking advantage of it?", or "You'll find a girl some day".

I'm fine with my pups and my motorcycles lol

• I'm not afraid to date, I just hate dating because girls are so fickle and are always trying to upgrade.