Is it really really hard to fall for someone only because of her/his "personality/attitude"?

I know the first impression (looks) is very important, I've noticed many posts here asking 'where are all attractive women out there..' etc etc

This sites make me rethink how important physical appreance is haha :)

so I was wondering, isn't it possible to fall for someone because of other traits than looks?

I sometimes get my heart tremble from small gestures that guys made regardless how good looking they are or how tall they are :P so I was curious hehe

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is a step by step process of attraction.
    Looks will hold your attention just like flowers fragnance does for honey bees.
    For men, the attraction is primarily physical and would fantasize her sexually like getting touch with her , kissing her sweet lips , looking at butt boobs or more.
    Here comes important part...
    But now, once when we talk to her, it's her personality and charmness that will decide how badly would we genuinely fall in love with her and feel that emotion of " this girl is mine :)"
    If she has slutty attitude, guys end up treating such beauties as sex object.

What Guys Said 10

• I had a friend that was a girl, for a few years, was not attracted to her, but she was to me. I told her I wasn't interested in that way, but we remained really good friends for years.. over time, I ended up really falling in love with her, because she was just, the coolest girl ever and was really funny, and it just clicked one day, that I really wanted her. And the idea of being with her turned me on more than ever! Unfortunately, we were only together once, and life took us in different directions. (My fault!)

• Attraction isn't something we can deliberately decide on. It's primal, it happens long before our high reasoning part of our brain decides why it happened.

This is why you see a lot of people saying "i'm attracted to that person because he has great tastes in literature".
    But that is rationalizing, they found them attractive and then they came with an excuse (great tastes) to justify it because we are to vain to admit to ourselves we're just shallow animals.

Men and women are attracted to different traits. Looks are a huge deal for men, but for women is just another trait.

• The truth that people often want to overlook is that if you're not physically attracted to a person it's more than likely NOT going to work out. Personality is important, but so is physical attraction. You need them BOTH -- one really isn't better than the other.

• Yes personality means a lot. More than just looks alone.

I do believe that if I were not attracted to a person, at all, the relationship would not be sustainable because I wouldn't want to get physical with her as if I would if I were attracted to her.

• :) yes, personality and looks both are important! thank you for your opinion

• i believe its possiblike a girl who i find attractive but she's not my type in any way and i know i can do a lot better i'm really hot but she's all i want so yes

• Yes, actually. Most of attraction is based on behavior. Not that one cares why.

• I need that 16 yr old cheerleader body knowmsayin?

• People love to prejudge a person before knowing them.

• Hmm true, Thank you for your opinion! :)

• One thing to realize is that we can't possibly get to know every person we meet. We have to prejudge because it's realistically impossible to screen everyone, it's our nature.

• Well initial attraction is very important obviously. But if you have the personality of an asshole I won't fall for you because I won't stay with you.

• I don't think so. Some attraction needs to be there. Like I'm really ugly and I don't have the slightest chance with women, which is totally understandable.

What Girls Said 3

• I think everyone is captivated by looks first, gradually you will fall in love with the person if the personality is great.

• if i have already know him as a friend then i may fall for him because of his personality/attitude. but if he is someone i dont know, and have to start knowing then his physical look is my first attraction and when we start knowing, it would be his personality that substain the entire friendship or relationship. it depends...

• Personality makes someone a lot more or less attractive. If I think he's gross physically nothing will change that. But neutral can turn to attractive based on vibe and personality.