How young is too young how old is too old?

Hey so I'm 20 won't be 21 until fall and the guy I'm interested in is 24 already in his career. Also he loves going to bars and beer in general. Do you think he's not going to persue anything serious with me since I'm still in school and can't go to bars and drink, since he goes out so much..
Thanks !

Most Helpful Girl

• The age isn't the issue here as much as where you are in your lives. If you were 24 and he was 27/28 it would be no big deal. You would both be in careers and more on the same page. It doesn't seem like that many years, but you will see a huge difference in yourself from 20-24. That being said, he may want someone who can go to bars with him, but if he really likes you he will not let that keep him from dating you. And then consider his age, he may be more untested in being single than perusing something serious with anyone right now.
    Take care!

What Guys Said 4

• Age doesn't really matter as long as they can keep up with you. A person is just a person. Some of us have many experiences some of us have fewer but we can always find common ground to have adventures from.

• A three year age difference isn't much. I say you two should give it a try, just don't let it get it in the way of your education.

I wouldn't think he'll pursue much because he'd be considerate that you're focusing to get a career. Which is a pretty bold move.

Too young I guess is kinda hard to explain... If you're both adult it doesn't matter. But to say if you're a teen (15-16) going out with someone that's 21... Then it raises question.

Too old is like 15+ age difference.

• Three years isn't bad. And as long as you really like him and feel that you're compatible, it's good.

• True love knows no boundaries (as long as both people are above 18 hahaha)

What Girls Said 2

• that age difference is nothing

• I dated a guy 9 years older than me age is nothing its if your genuinly happy thats all that counts!!