How important are first impressions when dating someone?

If I made a bad impression by not returning calls and using a guy for his contacts and perhaps trying to make him jealous with other guys. how can I change that around once I figured out how great he really was?

Most Helpful Girl

• if he got the impression that ur a fake user, he won't change his opinion of u unless he's really got low self esteem. I wouldn't try it w him. some guys like to seek revenge on girls they feel played them. there are more great guys out there

What Guys Said 2

• The only way, I think, that you're going to change that initial impression he has of you is to be upfront and honest. Only if you come completely clean with how you were playing games with him will you have a chance that he might see you in a different light. It won't be easy to do, it may not be worth it to you, but that's the way I see it.

• Not even considering your situation, Id say very. I dont like saying that, but a lot of opinions of me were almost entirely garnered from peoples first impressions. Especially if it was a romantic interest or whatever

What Girls Said 1

• Uhh...wow. Well, it may be hard. Does he know that you used him for what you used him for or does he only know that you didn't return his calls? If he knows it all, I feel like it could be hard. There would probably be some trust issues and some "does she really like me this time?" Thoughts. I'd say sit him down and tell him everything honestly and tell him how sorry you are and you feel bad. It may or may not work. Using him like that and then deciding that you actually like him is pretty harsh. So he may not want to have anything to do with you no matter how much you say sorry. That's just something you'll have to deal with. All you can really do is say apologize and be sincere and honest with everything you say.