What is courting? How do you "win someone's heart"? Is there things a man or woman do to win someone over.?

My dad says a man should court you. He says that is how he won over my mom. I am not really sure how that works.

Most Helpful Guy

• you'll be better off doing whatever you fancy in this "area"

Feel like approaching people? Do just that.

Social dynamics are ever changing and faster so. So parental advice is in a lot of areas sadly becoming more obsolete if at least less valuable.

What Guys Said 2

• Hehe, you'll figure it out when it happens to you.

by the way, if you want to win a man's heart, make him food he cannot resist. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

• Courting essentially means that marriage is your endstate for a relationship. There's really not much else to it. It means that you want to take a relationship that you have and make it deeper and more mature so that you can discern your lives together.

To win someone's heart means that you've developed an intimate connection with them to the point that they entrust their heart to you.

What Girls Said 2

• Courting is kind of another term for dating, it is the process of getting to know someone and treating them well in order to gain them as a committed significant other. It is treating someone with respect and love and genuine concern. Spending quality time with them and building a mental and physical connection over time. People always say that once you love someone and that person feels the same and calls them your own, to keep them in your life, you should continue doing the same things and treating them the same way you did to get them to fall in love with you. I'd like to think that courting follows this same rule and that the tenderness and sincerity you show your significant other when dating them, you show them throughout the relationship.

• Have you ever seen The Notebook? I feel like that's a prime example of courting. I guess these days... that would translate to persistent flirting and then dating.