How to know if a girl is single or in a relationship?

Alright so I met this girl last month in my psych lecture. We talk and hangout every week after the lecture alone (just the 2 of us) & I think there could be something there. But like on Friday my mate was talking to her and he told me that he was 100% confident she was dating someone.. when I asked him why he was just like "it was the way she was talking and it was something she said", but he couldnt remember exactly what she said...

Anyway I was just wondering how would I tell if thìs girl is single or not? She hasn't mentioned a boyfriend, and we passed a fancy cafe last week and she was like "we should both go together and have lunch there sometime", she was pretty keen on it I think. She has a ring on her right hand (don't know what finger but not the ring finger) but I didn't pay too much attention to that because I know girls that wear rings for fashion, my sister is a great example of that. Anyway yeah, any help would be great, how would I know if she was dating? Should I trust my mate or?

Most Helpful Girl

• Look her up on Facebook and see if she's in a relationship, also on Twitter etc., that's an easy way to find out. Or maybe just straight up ask her. Like next time she suggests you guys go somewhere together, say "would your boyfriend mind that?" in a cute, flirty way. She what she says. If she says she doesn't have a boyfriend, then she's either lying and cheating, or she's truly single. If she says that he'd be cool with it, then you know she does in fact have a boyfriend. Maybe ask her about the conversation she had with your mate, and say you didn't want to cause any trouble with her boyfriend by hanging out. Just be honest with her, she would appreciate that a lot more than you trying to be sneaky and find information about her through a vessel that isn't her directly.

• Yeah I checked her FB, it says "married" but I don't know how accurate that is, since we're both 18 haha..

What Girls Said 2

• just be like the "Can i have you numba?" guy haha be like "you gotta boyfriend? is he tall? is he hefty? you gotta boyfriend?"

haha just kidding. but seriously the only way you can find out for sure is just to ask her! it won't be awkward or anything and its way better than to trust your friend who may or may not be right or conduct a spy mission!

• Ask her what does she do on the weekends. She could be casually at the moment

What Guys Said 3

• You could just ask.
    Its easier than wondering or making some big spy mission out of it. Or you could be indirect and just say something about an ex gf, or something and see what she says. Though I would just ask and be done with it. Though if she wants to be friends and you are all I want to date you, and she doesn't, well hello for awkward.

• Tl;DR

Ask her. That's the easiest way to find out.

• You should look on their blong insta or something like that Twitter tumblur you can ask her if you have the guts but you have to start a good convo first you ask in like a week or something