Double Question: Beauty over Intelligence?

Guys: Would you prefer a beautiful girl but dumb or a not so beautiful girl with smarts?
Girls: Would you prefer a hot guy with a child mentality or a not so hot guy with an intellectual mind?

Would you dumb your intelligence for a guy to "seem attractive" Girls?

1|0
6|11

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer a smart guy. It's amazing what a good mind can make possible. I've had attraction develop in this way before. The other way around is unbearable.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Intelligence is whatever to me. I find ditziness kind of endearing, so its not a deal breaker. My girlfriend is beautiful AND smart, she's definitely the brains of the operation, haha. I'm not stupid, but I'm not at all intellectual. I'm kind of a meathead, but standardized tests would tell you I'm pretty intelligent. Her ex-stepmother is a college professor, and kind of pretentious. She's nice and has a good heart, but she just doesn't understand guys like me. She still calls me my girlfriend's "friend" Steve when referring to me, after seven years. If i cared more i'd be offended, but i could really give a fuck less, haha. I think she's just afraid my girl will get bored with a basic dude like me. She's kind of one of this socially inept weirdo professors though, so whatever.

I'm a man who's a sucker for a pretty face, so I'll go for beauty over brains, something I'm more flexible on. And its obviously case to case. I'd take a sweet dumb girl over a bitchy smart chick all day, every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • i knew this one bitch who acted dumb and all the guys at work drooled all over her ass and i was llike " but this bitch is dumb." moral of the story is bitches are dumb and women are intelligent. brains over boobs any day. with that said i have no interest in hideous women. im sure theyre great people and all, i just can't get into a relationship with a women im not attracted to at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is natural beautiful girl and made up beautiful girls I am speaking of real natural beautiful girl. I have meet "beautiful" girls that seem generally kind a sweet (but some where materialistic annoying with bad personality...) and most of the "Intellectual" have been with out failing proven to be stuck up , better then other people, dominant, argonaut attitudes which is a major turn off for me and not someone I want to spend time with. (like everything there are exceptions but form what I have seen its rare, I can only think of one girl in 30 years that was smart and sweet)

So besides the obvious reasons the "beautiful" girl would be my choice nine time out of ten , I also have to admit I now stereo type "Intellectual" girls now so I am not as likely to chase after them there would have to be something that gave me reason to think she was different before even considering her

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather have a smart woman than just a beautiful woman. It provides the substance behind a meaningful relationship. As such, mind or matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • chill to pull ratio

0|0
    0|0
  • Both have their uses.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I had to choose i'd take a smart girl and not so beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how dumb

0|1
    0|0
  • I know it's not really an option but ill take a plain looking girl that i'm moderately attracted to that's really smart. I need a girl that can mentally challenge me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll go with beauty over intelligence any day. I wouldn't want her to be too smart or she wouldn't like/attract to me lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligence over beauty. Looks fade in life.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't fuck with a retarded guy that's nasty

but if he was just ignorant & immature id prob date him short term if he was fine.

intellect doesn't attract me. im not going to want to ride a guy just cuz he's smart if he has no other attractive qualitites. so the ugly smart guy wouldn't get a date from me

I don't dumb myself down but certain things are for certain audiences. I wouldn't talk about the latest political happenings w certain people bc its above their heads. some people are good for partying & bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh god why. This is two things I love, intelligence and beauty. However, if i absolutely had to choose I would say intelligence. Beauty will fade, but he will never ever forget the proof for the implicit function theorem, that is seriously hot.

2|0
    0|0
  • For me, beauty.
    Oddly, I read a study on Forbes that said guys are favoring intelligence over beauty in terms of marriage.

Yeah, right.

This is why I take every study with a bucket of salt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would choose intelligence

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't know. I have only liked hot guys with an intellectual mind. But probably intelligence is more valuable to me. I would never dumb my intelligence to seem attractive for a guy because all the guys I know all know that I am an intellectual human being.

0|0
    0|0