What does making out actually mean?

I'm not sure what making out is. Like I think my boyfriend said it's the American way of saying kissing and cuddling. And my friend said that her friend was making out at a party with her boyfriend, but it was a uni party which isn't a good place to make out as it was well lit so I assumed it was kissing. When I searched up making out, it seems to be more than just kissing, so what is it actually?

Most Helpful Guy

• Making out the gist of it is basically just kissing with some mild sensual touching and you can just kiss on the lips if you want you can. French kiss which is full mouth on mouth with tongue kiss on the neck all over really up to you but it is basically just continuous kissing at least that is what it is here in the states.

What Guys Said 3

• i would love to do that if i have a chance

• ahh I would like to try too. But I'm scared to ask my boyfriend.
      Do you have a girlfriend?

• Yup, simple kiss and a hug.
      ahh I see. It is hard to find a day when everyone's free.

• yeah me and my friends recently graduated and have a new job so we were kinda busy proving ourselves knowing that we were still on probationary stage

• Prolonged kissing, usually with tongue fencing and mutual groping.

Not just a kiss, and not just a peck on the cheek, but not sex, and not necessarily nude.

• ah okay. Thank you for your answer. :)

• Its basically a tongue fight.

• umm okay. That seems hard.

What Girls Said 3

• It is kinda like shoving your tongue down another person's throat. If you are British you mean snogging right?

• Ah I see. Thank you.
      I'm Australian, but most people here seem to call it making out.
      Do you think it'll be weird to tell my boyfriend that I want to make out? I think he is holding back a little as he doesn't want to scare me away.

• Okay~ Thank you :)

• Actually wouldn't that be french kissing.

• A lot of kissing basically.

• It's basically kissing with variation plus a lot of touching, like kissing the neck and using your tongue and teeth, the guy might grab the girl's breast or butt too. I don't know about others, but I've always used it as mild foreplay.

• Oh okay. Just wondering, how long after dating have you decided to do it? I think my boyfriend is scared to make me feel uncomfortable around him.

• Well you never know until you ask. It might be pretty awkward and difficult to get a feel for when you first start out, but the longer you're together, the easier it is. Heck, I'm not a professional by any means, I still mess up all the time. You just gotta smile at your slip ups and keep going. Just do what feels right.

• Alright~ I think I'll ask after waiting a bit :)
      Thank you for your advice.