Is 13 to young to be making out and kissing?

Okay we'll I'm 13 and I don't know when I can start doing stuff I don't want to be known as a slut but I have guys that want to do stuff and I always turn them down. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that's a normal age to be getting into that stuff. Just remember that guys shouldn't be your top priority until you finish high school. That's not to say there can't be guys in your life, just try to keep it in perspective that 99.9% of the time, the guy from high school isn't "the one." Its fine to explore the romantic side of life though, that's a beautiful thing. Just don't get caught up in peer pressure and doing stuff you don't want to do. The best advice I can ever give someone your age is "none of this junior high and high school stuff matters." You go through all types of BS and worry about impressing this person or that person, getting caught up in being cool. I mean, that's a part of your development as a person, but again, keep it in perspective. At 35 now, and even 15 years ago at 20, I am/was in contact with exactly 0% of the people, I was friends with back then. The same people that I did all types of dumb things to be cool. So, you'll obviously make mistakes and do dumb things, just try to keep them to smaller mistakes, and remember you won't even know these jokers once you get older. At your age, just be safe, be smart, and try to do well in school. I know that sounds like a wicked old man thing to say, haha, but believe it or not, I was 13 once too, and the clothes and the music and the technology changes, but we all go through the same stuff basically, whether its 2014, 1994, or 1974. Always remember that. I blew off so much good advice from older people because I just assumed they were crusty old codgers who could relate to my life, but they aren't telling you this stuff just to hear themselves talk.

• Just to be clear, keep it PG-13! :-P

• Listen to uncle Steve!

• Thanks again!!(:

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, it's too young. Wait till you're older. There's plenty of time for that.

• Then what do I say to the guys that try to do that stuff with me?

• Say "Sorry, I'm not interested". And move along with your day.

• I think it's fine to make out, just don't take your pants off. I started kissing girls in 8-9 th grade too

• A basic kiss is just fine at 13. But making out should come later in my opinion.

• 13 is way too young. You'll get pregnant, you know.

• I'm not Ganna have sex at 13 just like kissing

• You'd be surprised how easy it is to get from smooching to full blown nudity. ;)

• you are too young!

• Yes. And making out will definitely lead to something else if the guy does not hold his horse inside his pants. And only a guy from outer space who has been raised by mutants can do that.

• I did this with so many girls at that age without sex. Maybe it depends on the person.

• I guess so. Studies has shown that men have some raging sex drives. Of coarse, such generalisations cannot be made. But since we're "men", its safe to say that a large population of us crave for sex more than women. And they won't settle for something less like making out. Even at that tender age.

• I had my first kiss at 11 so i dont think so

• I had some pretty innocent kisses at 13, but not with a lot of different girls and I wasn't really trying to do anything else. I'm sure if you do what you're comfortable with then no one will judge you

• See the girls in my grade are very rude I would say. I get called a slut just for hanging out with guys...

• They are probably just jealous, but it just depends on the guys you're hanging out with. Make sure that those guys are saying something about you that isn't untrue, I know that was the case when I was in middle school

• First kiss at 6. So no.

• No 13 is the age that you start having crazy feelings due to hormones so I say normal and by 15 completely normal.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes. Kissing and making out leads to sex, so if you don't want to lose your virginity yet don't do it. Maybe a peck on the cheek or a very short kiss on the lips (I believe Americans call it "the Asian kiss"?) is OK, if you HAD TO do something. But you are too young to be making out. Stick with holding hands.

• Yeah, I think it's too young. Wait a little while until you are older! There's plenty of time for that yet.

• i got my first kiss at 14!(was not good..i didn't know how to kiss at that time)

• I had my first kiss at 13 and no I don't think it's too early. Just be sure to really want it before you go any further.
    However I think making out with random guys just because they ask is weird. You should make out with some you're in love with

• Kids these days are starting younger and younger. I would say yes because kissing it could lead to other things. Besides it's nicer to experience these things when you can appreciate them better such as when your 15 and older.

• Way too young. I was almost 17.

• Lol. If i was your age, i told them, they can't touch me but let me touch them instead. I felt like the sexual predator...eekk

• Hm i never got to do that at 13. Too busy swamped with dancing and drawing

• Do let guys influence u. Those same guys will take what u have to offer and call u a slut to his friends.you're too young to even be thinking about boys

• I'm with boys all through school and see them a tone how am I Suppose to not think about them lol

• At that age I worried about missing batman on tv and what flavour of Icecream I wanted

• yes i would think so because boys around that age are just out for fun.
    even if no intimate session is involved, you may need to practice caution

• Then what do I say to the guys that want to do that stuff?

• say a no and be firm about it. when guy tried to do that with me, my answer back is a firm no

• Yeah it was so not like that when I was a kid. The girls were actually way more aggressive about it than me.

• Yes it is young

• Yes it's too young.

• I would say yes. The reason? I think you are wise enough to know why.

• 13 is okay but I would watch the heavy making out. It leads to sex fast!