Girls: Do you really want guys to just be themselves?

Do you really want guys to be themselves? Or should we act like alpha males?

Most Helpful Girl

• Be YOURSELF. Fakeness is the worst. If girls don't like you for you then at the end of the day at least you were staying true to yourself because you can act like what you think they'll like and they may still end up rejecting you.

What Girls Said 6

• I think that some guys, not all, tend to exaggerate the need for these traits just to not face what may the real cause - it's not about that. It's about attraction, and if you're generally lacking in the looks and personality departments, it's real convenient to the blame it on 'girls like assholes.'

We don't like assholes, and if we're with someone and discover he's an asshole, we leave him.

So then the focus gets put back on you. Evaluate yourself and think on what needs improvement, because becoming a jerk or an asshole is NOT an improvement, lol.

I don't need to become a bitch to attract men. What I DO NEED TO DO is get into my workout routine, get my hair done (going today, lol) and look good. So do you see where I'm going with this?

I'm not going to blame guys, not going to sit here and blame the world for me not having big huge tits to attract more men. We can do that do all that long. All I can do is make the best of myself as initially it's what people see that attracts them. THAT get attention from the opposite sex.

And if there's a girl out there who'd only like you if you acted like a d**k, would you even want her? I wouldn't like a guy who'd only like me if I played the hard to get bitch. Games are tiring.

• I treat men and women with respect

• How do you respect yourself

• You respect yourself by setting boundaries with people. If you don't, some selfish people will treat you wrong, so you set boundaries, and determine what you will or won't accept. If they don't respect your boundaries and wishes and try to disrespect you, you walk away. You can try being nice about it at first, explaining your needs. But if they fail to listen, oh well.

• Yes because eventually I'll find out anyways so if we aren't compatible I'd rather know up front. Also I value honesty.

• Just be yourself :)

• keep telling guys that line. some will actually believe it

• Well, I like guys that are themselves, guys don't need to change for me :)

• Yes it best to act normal

• sometimes not. you need to try to be yourself but sometimes you need to avoid some things

• It's always good to just be yourself than to pretend to be someone else, especially if you want something long-term.

What Guys Said 7

• Girls want what they want.

Some want submissive men, some want dominant, some want switches, some want equality, some want beauty, some want wild, some want emotional, some want intelligence, some want shy, some want domineering, some want it all.

The real question should be, what do you want? Do you want to be someone else? Then be someone else. You are who ever you make yourself out to be.

• I want to be like Adam levine but I can't get tattoos

• Because they know him personally right?

I'm done here.

• I'm just telling you what they told me

• Ofcourse, just relax, always be true and honest to your self.Wearing a mask is too troublesome.

• Be yourself unless you suck. If women really wanted beta males, the phrase would be 'beta fux, alpha bux', wouldn't it?

• Been there, done that and I will never ever try to be something else than real me.Even that condemn me on eternal loneliness.

• the acting like yourself line is pure bullshit. you need to act like an asshole aka alpha male to get their attention

• It's not in me. I'm a sweet guy by nature

• If you think girls like guys who act like assholes/alpha male then you clearly don't get women..What is so attractive about being whistled on the street or told "hey doll, can I take your delicious body out for a drink?" or "hey babe, want to get in the car?" is attractive? Girls do not like jerks and usually dump them when they face with this.Unless they're stupid. Just because you ran into some easy chicks who look for the mighty hotness with super manliness which you weren't doesn't mean all women like that. I appreciate a guy for being himself rather than faking his personality, because that's a huge deal breaker.

• keep telling yourself that lauren. its a known FACT that women always fall for the asshole. and thats because they real them in with fake charms.

• Don't put on a mask, don"t create a character as if you r going to act in a play, be you, that's it.

• The biggest problem is not guys not being who they are but the ever changing list of demands that women keep imposing on guys and since the world has become such a screwed up place nobody knows what they want or who they are and then they just keep leaving and going to find the right thing even thou they don't know what that is.

I had this experience lately this girl really fell in love with me and I did too. But she changed the rules on me so many times that I couldn't keep up and it screwed us up. Even though we're still in love we can't seem to see each other without getting into a fight witch says something about ourselves. But she gets all anxious and complicates the situation to a point where it can't be uncomplicated again. Too bad because I really love her.