In your own relationship who is the most dominant?

Are you the dominant one in your relationship? or is it your partner? I don't mean dominant as in being bossy and controlling and whatnot, I mean like decision making, choosing where you guys go to eat, who pays, what movie to watch, basically the simple little things, who takes lead?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• I'm in charge most of the time. It makes me cringe when I see a man being bossed about by a woman.

• but a guy can "boss" a woman?

• Yeah. Most women prefer it too, see their responses on here. There are plenty of other questions similar to this too, always with the same answers. I'm not saying a woman can't be dominant, just that I find it strange, and most women agree.

• If it's not the guy, there's going to be problems.

• People generally don't like or respect the man OR the woman in a relationship in which the woman wears the pants. Most men respect themselves too much to allow that to happen to them, myself included.

What Girls Said 12

• Lol my boyfriend probably.

The way it goes is like this:

Me: I'm hungry.
    Him: Okay! Do you want to make something here or go out?
    Me: I don't know...what do we have?
    Him: I don't know...this is your house!
    Me: We have nothing. Let's go out.
    Him: Okay, sounds good. Where do you want to go?
    Me: I don't know.
    Him: Fast food or sit down?
    Me: I don't know there are pluses to both.
    Him: ...yeah, there are. What kind of food do you want? Chinese? Mexican? Italian?
    Me: I don't know. I could eat any, really.
    Him: Okay...how hungry are you?
    Me: Not very, but depending where we go I might get more hungry.
    Him: Does Taco Bell sound good?
    Me: Eh, I guess.
    Him: How about Burger King?
    Me: That works too.
    Him: Rainbow Grill?
    Me: I could eat there too.
    Him: Taco Bell it is! Get in the car!

This is how it goes. Every time. I probably drive him insane.

• I am. He lets me choose everything, even when I insist that he chooses. If I want to watch a movie he doesn't, he will watch it so I'm happy. Of course I make similar sacrifices but I'm also assertive and can say no to something unlike him and he's like that with everyone. Because he pretty much lets anyone take advantage of him (I don't though), he practically wrapped himself around my little finger from day one. I'm certainly not bossy and I don't control him, but I do feel like I "wear the pants" in the relationship.

• It depends on the situation...sometimes I take the lead, sometimes he does...like going out to eat...he is very indecisive so I decide...with who pays...I told him we'll switch off every time so it's easier...I let him decide what to watch on tv cause I don't really care...I usually let him be the one to ask if I want to hang out...but that's cause his schedule is different from mine...but I decide when I leave his place...

He's more dominant in the sense that he makes his opinion known whereas I don't a lot of times...

Overall though I'd say he's more dominant...but not by much...sometimes just because I let him take the lead because he's a man and it helps out his ego a bit

• I don't have a boyfriend, but if I had one he would have to be dominant. It's just mainly and it's the best fit for me since I like to please. I can be a bit dominant myself in some situation especially when it comes to clothes.. So a dominant man who I can help dress up.

• I usually am. I have a very passive husband. I am ok with that though because I am a bit of a control freak with certain things lol.

• Most of the time, he is.

• The guy is more dominant in my relationship.

• He is. I'm indecisive so it works really well.

• I am...Cheeseburgers..>

• him.. all i do is suggest. it's another story though when it comes to major decisions :)

• Totally Me not him

• neither of us are signifactly more dominate than the other...he usually always ask what i wanna do, and we usually do that.but we just do things we both want to do..i like a lot of things he likes so its not a chore or loss for me , i would say were pretty equal since we have a lot in common