Divorced, Separated and dating...?

I was dating a guy who has been separated for a year, he pursued me and we hit it off. The beginning was a lot about what he wanted for the future with me and I was a little stand offish but ultimately stayed in the relationship because I thought he was a good guy. I told him that I usually run when someone comes on too strong so he was more careful. So we decided to take things a little slower. I have been divorced for 3 years and I feel I have completely processed my feelings about the divorce. The trouble is that we had been dating for about 3 months and in the beginning of the 3rd month he started becoming extremely negative, didn't feel well most of the time, hated his job, was upset about custody of his child...etc. He talked about one if not all of these things daily and I started feeling like his therapist. I confronted him about this and he said that he knows he is negative and is working on it and even took some suggestions from me about making things better for himself. We decided to talk about things but every time I tried he would back down again. I told him several times that I think we are just not in the same place and maybe it's bad timing to which he kept saying that he's just going through something and he doesn't want to not see me anymore. I finally had enough after not seeing him for a week and I ended it. I didn't want to do it but I felt he was just too distant and I was really unhappy. I really didn't think I had another choice.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I think you did the right thing if you felt like the two of you were on different pages.