My gut is telling me that he's a player...Is this true?

I've been going on dates and talking to a guy for more than 4 months now. I really like him and he says he really likes me too but I have a gut feeling that I'm just being played.
He's sweet to me; he texts me and calls me every day and whenever we go on dates, we always have a really good time. We haven't had sex and he's never pressured me into sex or anything like that. We have a lot of common interests and we never run out of things to talk about, and we have lots of deep conversations.
But even though he says he has feelings for me, I just have this bad feeling. First of all, it's been 4 months and he STILL hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend and it doesn't really seem like he's going to ask anytime soon. I figure if he really liked me he would have asked me by now? And also he posted a picture on Instagram today, and a girl commented on it saying "I was with you when you took that pic!" and I saw that he likes ALL of her pictures...And he likes TONS of girls' pictures, but I don't know if that's really a valid reason to be worried. I just have this strange feeling that I'm not the only girl he's going on dates with.
I don't want to be just an option instead of a priority for him, so if he's really playing me I am going to move on.
Do you think my gut is right? Should I talk to him about all this? Should I just move on? Thanks very much

Most Helpful Girl

• You gotta talk to him first. Maybe this guy prefers to wait for the right moment to ask you to be his girlfriend; you know, he just wants to take it slow. Don't be paranoid just yet. You first gotta talk to him before you leave him hanging what the hell he did wrong.

What Guys Said 2

• Well at least talk to him about it and see what he says and what gut feeling you have after that talk.

• Ask him. Tell him how you feel and what you want.

What Girls Said 1

• Its usually right to trust your instincts.
    I think if you do bring up to him though..it may rub him the wrong way (jealous, possesive etc) But you're looking out for yourself...nobody wants to get played.. so maybe u can just ask him nonchantly if he's dating other girls? Im a little iffy about you asking him about the instagram pictures though. Sure u wanna know (especially since your gut is telling you he's a player) but it might come across as jealousy.