How can I get myself to be excited about love?

I'm very protective of my heart, always been. When I fall, it's usually rarely and hard. I can't seem to get excited about love and I can't seem to like women I meet, and getting emotionally connected to them. I don't want to get hurt (like everyone obviously), but it's not like I'm actively doing anything to protect myself. Any ideas? I don't just want sex for you guys who's answer is that.

Most Helpful Guy

• What you're doing is probably best. You don't need to be excited about love until you are naturally excited, if that's not the case you're just not ready.

Being protective of your heart is a wise choice, women are very careless with men's feelings and don't have much sympathy for us because society says we're not supposed to have them anyway.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm the same way. It's difficult. I get excited about love when I fall for someone but thus far have only been heartbroken and disappointed

• Its probably cause u haven't found the right one...I was like that too and guarded my heart...no guy did it for me until I met my BF my guard came down right away

• Yes, I suppose but I've let my guard down because I was convinced it was right but it wasn't. Probably has somewhat to do with luck. Thanks for commenting.

• Feel the exact same way! If we only had the answers...

What Guys Said 0