Is there any meaning behind a guy kissing the top of your head or your hand?

I was cuddling with a guy last night; he and i are friends but there's definite desire between us. He kissed the top of my head. Is there any significance to this?

Circumstances: it's happened twice now. Once we were driving and my head was on his shoulder. The second was just after an argument and i guess I looked like i was about to cry, because he immediately stopped, pulled me into a hug, and kissed my hai

Most Helpful Guy

• Not likely. During my second date with the last woman I dated..I invited her over to my house to watch a movie. I understand that we only met the day before. So coming to my home where I live alone was probably really scarry for her. I promised that I would be a gentleman and I would keep my hands and lips to myself. As much as I wanted to kiss her I was good. but we ended up cuddling by about 1/3 through the movie. and frankly I just couldn't help myself I just hugged her and kissed her on the top of the head.

What Guys Said 3

• It kind of depends on the situation. Yes, you were cuddling. But what were you talking about? What happened prior to cuddling? What's your history. All those things play a role in determining what that kiss meant; If anything.

• please update with in which circumstances,
    if you both were laughing and all, then it may not mean a lot otherwise everything was quite, then it may indicate feelings

• Old fashioned, did it out of respect who knows.

What Girls Said 1

• I've wondered this too. He's been my best friend for the last 14 years. He's done this a couple of times we're talking about random things or when he's about to leave he usually lowers a bit and kisses my forehead or he would kiss his index finger and middle finger and then touch my forehead. It felt a bit weird and intimate but I don't know. We've cuddled before and just hugged and stayed watching TV or a movie or whatever.