20 yr age difference, can it work?

If you met someone you really clicked with and found them attractive would you not pursue them if they were 20 years younger or older? If this has happened to you please describe thanks.

Ladies, would you consider dating a man 20 years younger?
I have desire to date 20 years older, just wondered what others thought ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• No it can't work because you can't relate to someone 20 years older or younger they grew up in different time periods and not only that different life experiences due to age.

What Guys Said 6

• I know a girl from college who married way older and they're doing fine. It can work, it can just get judged by other people but that shouldn't bother you unless your relationship really looks "give and take"-like. Like I know a guy dating a lower 20's girl and she's clearly mooching off of his living space and the guy's being viewed as holding onto her for sex.

• Well I'm 31 so 20 years older would be a 51 year old woman. That's not something that would ever interest me.

The inverse would be 20 years younger, which obviously doesn't apply to me.

Lots of people can make large age gaps work, though, so I say go for it if it makes you happy. :)

• girl that currently likes me, is 10 years older than me. however, im not sure if she thinks i want to date a girl 10 years older, and i dk how to let her know im fine with it, without actually saying "im fine with your age", especially because she may think im lying

• makes me feel better about clicking with a girl that's almost 8 years younger. It definitely complicates things though.

• That'd be hot. Would pursue for sure.

• My gf is 24 years older than me.

• Did she have issues with your age when you first met?

• No, but she often worries I will leave her for a younger woman someday.

• i am 20 years older than my boyfriend, he got me at "i'd rather be happy for at least one day than not happy at all"...its been over 1 yr now and still happy, nothing is certain so enjoy today

What Girls Said 8

• Personally 10 years is my absolute limit. And even that is pushing it.
    So no, I would not consider dating a man 20 years older or younger, even if I found him really attractive. There are plenty of attractive men who are in the age range I'm more comfortable with.

That's not to say that this can't work out for other people.

• I think it could work but it would be very challenging. You will have to deal with being called a gold-digger and such, which could take a toll on anyone. Also, you will be experiencing different stages in life at different times and not being able to know what each other is going through. That could take a toll on any relationship. You would also have to consider where you are in life. If he is past the kids stage and you want kids it may be physically impossible for it to happen. All of these could be said for a guy who is 20 years younger than you.

With this said, no I would not date anyone 20 years younger or older. The max age I go is 5 years older and a year younger.

• Honestly no, max 10 years apart (preferably less) I want to have kids early (not too early) and I would like my husband to be there for as long as possible.

• I really like older guys but I don`t think that I would be into someone younger. That is just my preference but I would not judge someone else for a woman dating a guy 20 years younger. I think that it can work.

• my mom and my step dad are 17 years apart! if the chemistry is right, it shouldn't be a problem!

• No.. I need someone who can make "happily ever after" but.. if he is 20 yo older...then.. there'll be "happily" but there won't be "ever after"

Maximum 8 yo :)

• No! He would be close to my parents age that's a huge turn off. A dealbreaker, right there😫

• I wouldn't pursue them, it's an huge difference! There would be a lot of arguments.
    Now, it's impossible to date someone who's 20 years younger than me, but if it's was possible I wouldn't date.