Is it okay to date a 17 year-old girl?

Okay I am 22 a college student and I find that girl really nice , we've known eachother for a while and she fell for me... but she is just 17 so is it okay if we date?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would advise you to wait until she's 18. This way she's legal no matter where you are. I don't see a problem with it like it's not weird or anything but I would be weary because you can get into a lot of trouble with the law if it doesn't end well or something you know?

• So its okay as long as we dont just mess around right? I mean like maybe we can go out until she is 18 .

• Technically yes, but it's said that men who are accused of statutory rape/rape/any sex crime are guilty until proven innocent. I would just be careful because what if things end badly, and even though you guys never messed around, she gets mad and you guys break up and says that you did.. With the age difference, one could argue that the only reason you were there in first place is because a 17 year old girl would be inclined to have sex with you, and you were with her for just that reason. I'm not at all saying that's the reason you are with her.. But I would just be careful. It'd be better to wait the year than to be locked up for a few, in case she does throw a temper tantrum. At the end of the day it's your decision, but I wouldn't date anyone under age for just that reason.

• Yeah I got ur point thanks for your advice :)

What Girls Said 6

• I find that age differences don't matter later in life, or even as early as mid 20's. However, if one person is still a teenager, it may be a bit difficult. I speak from experience lol I have always dated older men.

The age gap isn't too bad though, it is worth a shot!

• Well, Its legal. At least where I live. It mostly depends where you do.
    Make sure her parents and family, as well as yours support your relationship. But If you truly love this girl and your 100% sure she's the one. Dont let anyone stand in your way.

• You should wait til she's 18. If she's under 18 she is still considered a minor and if you get caught doing anything intimate with her, you can actually get into a a lot of trouble, even if she is 17. So you should wit a little longer.

• when i was 17 my ex was 25 at the time

• When you're under 25, 5 years is a huge generation gap. You guys will likely end up having lots of arguments. She won't be able to understand things on your level, since you're old with more life experience.

• hell no. wait till she's 18.

What Guys Said 5

• What state are y'all located in? A lot of states the age of consent is 17.

• You can, but I wouldn't.

If you do, be aware. Here, 18 is legal consent so if you're not careful, you could serve time. Just be careful dude if you go down that route.

• Dude, smash with the force of 1000 suns.

• Nah that shouldn't be a problem. +7 years is the max age. I would wait until she's 18 before things start getting serious though.

• No its fine just don't have sex with her.