Is it a good idea for a 19 year old girl to date a 17 year old guy? If she really likes him?

He is a gentlemen and mature. He's a good guy as well. I'm just worried that people are going to say things. I always talked about that I wouldn't date a younger guy. I can't get him out my head. But I can't stop thinking about how he's younger than me. I only dated someone who is my age or older. I don't know help please

What Guys Said 1

• Age has nothing to do with dating... if you like someone then go for it no matter what and know that people will talk no matter what So who give a f**k what the people think? let them think and talk their life out and you have fun it's only one life

What Girls Said 1

• I say go for it! I'm 18 dating a 16 year old, soon to be 19 and 17, and it's almost been a year; it's working out fine for us. BUT know that people will say things. Almost inevitably, even if it's just teasing. If that bothers you and would constantly be on your mind, don't do it. For me, I only get teasing from my friends, and I can laugh along with it as it doesn't bother me and I know I'd be teasing them too. Other people might be more bothered, though. Also, if you're thinking long term, two years really isn't that much. The older you get the less of a gap it becomes. If you really like him and think he's mature enough for you, don't let something as silly as people "saying things" stop you from dating!