For those that do online dating! Do you have much success?

I personally do a bit of online dating, but only the free membership ones! I've found I have little success in getting a response and I'm always the first person to make contact (which I don't mind). I've also found that on the odd occasion someone does respond, it happens to be someone I can't keep a conversation going with.

I'm not looking for advice by the way! I'm just interested to see other people's experiences :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've met my current boyfriend online, granted we had seen each other prior to our first date but just didn't KNOW each other. I mostly used online dating sites for fun and was actually looking for a certain someone and then I came across him. We don't have the best relationship and god knows if we ever will but he makes me glad I didn't give up on those sites.

What Girls Said 2

• I went on a free dating website a few years ago. I wasn't really expecting much to come out it but I talked to quite a few people, but I did meet a guy that I really liked and 3 years later we are still together and live with each other.

• I dated one guy I met through online dating for about 4 months. We eventually split up because he wanted to see other girls and I wanted to be exclusive. That's not a problem that comes with online dating but a problem in general. So yeah you can meet someone online

What Guys Said 5

• I've been on match, for about two years now. At first I had a lot of success, but since I read a lot of profiles it gets old real quick. Only once in awhile I find someone that peaks my interest. I have like a month left, there is no way I could renew. I'll stick to real life interactions.

• It don't matter if they are paid or free sites. Dating sites are a complete waste of time for a guy anyway.

However if you want answers as to why those girls on those sites don't have guys, go to those dating sites and you will quickly find out why. They are far from bing a princess or Juliette and nowhere near close to attractive. A good majority of them look like low class rejects. Yet they consider their selves and their time so special they don't even have the courtesy and bother to say no thanks I'm not interested.

Word of advice, don't even waste your time on that.

• Nope not at all.. it's a huge ego boost for women.. I've messaged a girl that I was not trying to hook up with.. just small talk because i DID take the time to read the profile.. so what did I get in return?

No response.. or they will look at my profile and no response.

• Go to any major dating website and make a girl account with an average picture.

Now hit refresh button every 5 seconds over the hr and see how many replies you get.

In short Online dating you get more messages/answers as a female so you may be just 1 in 250 guys that messaged that one person.

Now imagine if the girl was pretty. Don't believe me? look it up on YouTube

• I bet this is so true

• it is I've seen the video if you were a girl and had to sift through 250 replies you wouldn't even answer half of them

• Nah, only the broken women go on there. It will give a false sense of failure. Go to university coffee shops.