If a guy doesn't get in touch with you for more than 1 week after a first date?

I went out with this girl like 10 days ago and after the date I told her that we should go out again but I would be busy until the month is over. That was cool with her but I never called/texted her since then. I'm pretty sure she liked me because our date went pretty well but what would you think if a guy didn't get in touch with you for like 10 days after a first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well he's not interested..there's no way in how that you can't possibly send a quick text even saying, sorry I've been busy..I'll hit you up later..That takes less than 30 seconds , and if she doesn't text you either, she's obviously not as interested either or just playing "submissive role" of making the guy do all work..which is shameful, it's the 21st century, come on ladies!!!

• Yeah wtf is that shit, girls need to grow some balls =P

• Exactly..I'm trying to grow a pair by tomorrow and asked a senior for his number before he leave in two weeks when he graduates..wish me luck

What Girls Said 7

• That's bad... if a guy did that to me I'd see it as a sign of him not being interested. It just seems like common courtesy to make a effort and to show a girl you had a good time after a first date. I'd probably have moved on after that. I like men who make a effort and make me feel appreciated. I've dealt with enough hot/cold and lazy guys to understand that a nice guy who stays in touch is way better than a guy who keeps you guessing.

• I did contact her after the first date and told her we should go out again but just haven't spoken to her since lol

• So you made half plans and then never came back to her. Ouch.

• I'd think he didn't like me. I would be surprised if he contacted me after 10 days. Why didn't you keep in touch with her?

• I don't know I didn't really like her that much I guess. But I'm not seeing anyone else right now so I figure why not give it a shot since summer is just starting lol

• Well yeah, there's that too, so to be honest do you want to put yourself in the situation, where you text her and she just doesn't reply. Sounds like neither of you were keen on the other.

• She usually replies pretty fast but I'm usually the one to initiate everything. I mean I could see myself liking her so is there any point in asking her on a second date? Maybe we can just hook up a few times lol

• I would assume you were not interest ed, delete your number, and move on. It's not that hard to call or send a text.

• I would probably think that he wasn't interested :)

• Even if he told you that he would be busy for like 2 weeks?

• Ah, sorry I didn't read that part. If he had told me that he would be very busy, then I wouldn't mind those 10 days. Although one text just to let me know he hasn't forgot about the next date wouldn't hurt.

• Not even a text after ten days? I'd think he's not interested and I would move on.

• What if he was above your league though?

• So no point in me asking her out on a second date then?

• you can try, you have nothing to loose.

• Bye bye. A call or text takes minimal effort. If he can't bother neither can I.

• I would have moved on and not trust the guy when he gets back to me. That's a long time 10 days.

What Guys Said 3

• You could read one of the hundreds of thousands of threads of women freaking out after 3 days or 40 minutes or 2 days or any number of days that is significantly less than 10 to figure this out.

• It actually works in your advantage, it shows that you have life. Most guys are in a rush to get that prize. I went out with a girl and had great date. I didn't see her for another month, it worked out for me. What do you have to lose?

• its a bit dangerous. I saw a situation: a guy meet a girl on Friday , and by Saturday they were kissing. Then the guy didn't give her a s... for a week and the girl then thought "ah that guy didn't think it serious".