Guys & females: When exchanging numbers, does it make a difference if a guy puts his number into the girl's phone vs. the girl giving her ## to him?

Just curious to get perspectives on this idea..does it say something about the level of interest when instead of taking the girl's number, a guy suggests he'll just input his number into the girl's phone? either way, means of contact are made but doesn't leaving the ball in the girl's court for her to contact him suggest that he may not be all that interested, or no? what do you all think?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, I personally would rather give my number to the girl and let her text me up.

If I take the girl's number and have to text/call her first, there's too much pressure on my end. I hate feeling that way.

Plus, I'm very very busy. So by letting her decide on whether to phone me or not, I'll have the option to either fit her into my schedule or move on.

In order for a relationship to work, there must be effort on both sides. Not just from me.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's better when the guy gives the girl his number, that way if she texts him then it's for sure she's interested.

• Girls don't make the first move, so if a guy puts his number in her phone, I would never expect him to get a text. He needs to be a man and take her number and then contact her!

• Slightly agreeing with you, but not really either. Could be any other reason aswell.

• I think it doesn't matter who should contact first, as long as you get to the point.

What Girls Said 1

• If he grabbed your phone to put his number in, to me it shows he is highly interested. I believe the ball is in your court to further do something. He already showed interest, now your turn