Would you date someone who had different eating habits than you?

Would you date a vegetarian/vegan?
If not then why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea I could date someone with different eating habits, it not like it's the end of the world.

What Guys Said 5

• My ex fiancĂ© started off vegetarian but after a few months with me started eating meat. I have a very short relationship with a different vegetarian. In a serious relationship at a point where you live together and eat together you need to be eating similar meals or things get awkward and problematic. There are only so many meals that you can adapt to suit both people and there is always chance of contamination.

A good example for how this sort of issue works would be my current relationship, my girlfriend has an allergic reaction to the ingredient that makes cheese solid and I am lactose intolerant but can eat cheese. She loves cream but meals with it can't often be eaten as I it upsets my stomach. I love cheese but cannot have it often as it requires me washing hands face brushing teeth and cleaning surfaces etc. While we both will occasionally eat separate foods we tend to eat similar if we do. This said most meals are the same and therefore need to be mutually tolerable. I've given up cheese nearly completely from what made up nearly a 3rd of my diet as loved it with everything and she has found substitutes for cream in meals and uses lactose free milk as that's all I buy. A vegetarian would need to eat a little meat and a normal person would need to eat a little more fruit and veg. Anything else would not work for a long term.

• Sure. Just because we eat different food doesn't mean we can't still enjoy eating lunch and dinner together. We can still talk.

• I would never date a vegetarian or vegan. Too much of a pain in the ass to meet their dietary needs.

• So long as they're not preachy, and/or expect me to conform to their ideals I don't really care.

• Instant friendzone. Relationships are complex enough without deliberately adding in differences.

What Girls Said 13

• Yea I wouldn't mind a vegetarian but not a vegan. I cook a lot if pasta and I'm not a huge meat eater so I wouldn't mind that. However I have a friends who is a vegan and it makes going to restaurants hard and it's frustrating trying to cook for her. I love to bake it relaxes me but it's more stressful when I have to be careful about everything I bake.

• Yes. My boyfriend is vegetarian. We don't have a problem with it, we don't live together and we don't it the same meals. I think the problem will only arise when we start to live together.

• Yes, I would, because the would be able to show me some dishes that they enjoy.

• Being one myself, I would have no issues dating one. :)

• i like trying new things.

• Yeah...I am right now...although my BF's eating habits have changed since we've been together...I'm vegetarian and he isn't...although he doesn't eat meat in front of me and now doesn't eat very much anymore.

• Vegetarian would be fine, but vegan would really be a pain in the ass.

• yes i would, i'm not a veg but i am very interested in nutrition and healthy stuff. i don't eat meat often actually.

• I have a lot of digestive tract issues so I can't eat a lot of things, but my friends and men I have dated in the past are understanding and accommodating, as would I if I met a guy who had different habits.

• Different cultural foods sure but vegetarian no way. That would complicate everything. Plus I'd feel guilty ordering a huge steak ;)

• No, no offence to them but I'm a meat eater. I eat meat: I cook meat. I do not want to cook two different meals to date someone. If I fell for someone then found out I wouldn't dump them but in all honesty I prefer a good omnivore man.

• I think it is okay as long as the two of you don't cook together. I don't see my partner cooking for me unless I eat the same thing he does. But if you are willing to make your own food then I don't see why that would be a problem.

• sure why not...