GIRLS, what have been your POF experience or online dating in general?

Feel free to share stories good or bad.

For me I met ALL jerks on them that hurt me so bad based on my looks and weight, because I look a little above average in weight.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never tried it, but a guy at work loves it. He talks about how great it is all the time. He is a bigger, and older guy, so maybe he is only meeting people, for reasons other than the way they look. He spoke very highly of the personalities of the women he was meeting.

What Guys Said 4

• POF is not one of my favorite dating sites. Their match algorithm is wonky as hell. Personally I think they match you to anyone with a pulse. Though the girls I know who have used that site have said that its one of the worst when it comes to quality of people. Okcupid is a bit better, being that they match you to people who have similar ideals. Or at least pretend to have similar ideals. I went out with four girls from POF and one was a really genuine person. We just didn't want the same things in life.

OKcupid is still hit or miss but I know more people who have met their s/os on there than not. I have made a few friends off the site, but I've had no luck dating. As cor Ociciatlvr I have no idea what he is talking about.

• lol yeah it kind of is a joke, I don't really use it right now but every once in a while I get some kind of message that some girl is interested, the last one I got was a girl named Puuusssy, so yeah I deleted that message lol

• Girls aren't interested in getting off POF. They see my age and don't give me a chance. That's why I like meeting girls in real life instead.

• Where do you meet girls in real life?

• That's my problem lol

I try to meet them at school (though as a grad student, most are married), at the gym, at work, when I'm out. I don't approach as often as I should though. I think I would have more success if I would try a little more.

• online dating is a damned joke. unless you are white and at least 5 foot 9 or 10 , noone will give you a fucking glance. i have tried them all and got NOTHING .

• lol, even if you're white and 5'9"-5'10" you still don't have much of a fighting chance.

• lol, ya I'm either quazimoto or I'm so ridiculously good looking that I scare all the women away. I'm hoping it's the second one.

• sorry but i still can't believe you man. i think you are full of it lol

What Girls Said 2

• There are a lot of jerks out there but when you meet a good one you'll know. I am engaged to a guy I met online and he is the best guy I could ever ask for. I met him on okcupid.com. we talked for a year before I got my head out of my ass and dated him. I am so glad I did though. He proposed last October and the wedding is the end of August.

• haha what kind of jerks did you meet on there? Like did you actual meet up with the jerks? I've had the worst time online. However, I'm very happy for you, congrats!

• wow a year? You really made him work for it huh lol. Jk, congrats.

• MrAtticusLebowski, Of course I did. I wanted to make sure he wasn't a guy who was just trying to make a pass at me and then turn into a jerk later.

• I actually kinda have a success story! Its kinda long, but ill give you my experience, it made me learn a lot! I was on there for nine months, I didn't like it necessarily because you get bombarded by creeps and perverts. Still, I started talking to a guy after a week, but I was so new to dating (after being in a 7 year relationship) and with getting a lot of messages on there I didn't really take it seriously and he wasn't my typical type so that was a factor as well. For 6 months i casually dated, most guys ended up assholes looking for just sex, didn't end up who i thought they where, or after meeting just didn't feel any connection. Dated someone exclusively for a month, ended it because i wasn't feeling the feelings i should be. Than the same day I do that I happen to get a text from that first guy i talked to right when i signed up. After all those months of casually dating, meeting around 16 guys (may seem like a lot but most didn't make it past first meeting) and after experiencing so much that I was finally ready. Started talking day and night for weeks, have so much in common, got along so well and couldnt wait to talk the next day. Finally met up, after that long 9 months and it was so worth it and have been inseparable ever since. Even if someone is not typically your type, try it because you honestly never know. Im so happy that I did because he is the absolute most incredible person I've ever met, and every day i fall harder and harder for him. I never thought id meet someone I fit so perfect with on online dating, but it was one of the best choices I've ever made.