Be honest, Do you text and drive?

Lets be honest here. Do you text and drive knowing the dangers but do it anyways and has anyone called you out on it? Like the other person says are you driving and texting me right now?

I'll be honest, I have. Now i use the voice hand off feature to send text if I have too. otherwise i wait to send or pullover.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to when it was legal of course but it's been illegal in my province for almost three years now. I very rarely do it unless it's to check a text and maybe I will respond back. If not, they wait till I am parked.

What Guys Said 20

• There are times I do, my gf doesn't make very hard attempts to understand if I tell her I'm driving which is why I didn't reply. Though I'm safe I prefer an accident to the verbal bashing later based on suspicion lol.

I don't text anyone else and most time if I have the time then I pull over finish texting her then move on again

• Never. if I'm at a stop light that is really the only time I will.

My friends grandmother died when a person who was texting ran a stop sign and crashed into her driver's side door going 50mphs. she was killed on impact...

please don't text and drive people. do a favor for yourself and the lives of those around you

• Nope, I rarely text even when i'm not driving... in fact I rarely drive either.

• my mom does and it scares me. one day if I wasn't there she may have hit someone.

I think cellphones are stupid any way.

• I hope everyone here on GAG (and everywhere else, too) would acknowledge that texting and driving is verifiably INSANE.

• Your correct it is very dangerous, I drive 20 minutes to work work and everyday i see people texting or on the phone, usually weaving or drifting in other lanes.

• No.. My sister was almost burned to death in a car accident. If I was to get into a similar situation I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I don't fuck around when it comes to driving which annoys my friends because I always go the speed limit and all that. My response to them is "if you don't like the way I drive then YOU drive us"

• How do you feel when your friends drive.. more recklessly.. then you would?

• Well the way I drive borders on paranoia so I go overboard with it. They aren't bad drivers or anything.

• I keep my cellphone on me in case my car breaks down. Aside from that, I do not touch it. (Well, I use it as an alarm clock too, but that's beside the point.) I do not text under any conditions and all social calls go through my land-line phone.

• nope, I will check a message when stopped at a light or when I get to a spot I can stop but it is far to dangerous, and not worth it, for me to text and drive.

• nope. im still learning to drive so id lose my license straight away if i got caught. I've noticed that there are so many people who do though.
    i was having a family roadtrip once and the car in front of us was swerving between lanes on a freeway. when we caught up, we realised it was a young female smiling and staring at her phone. not safe at all..

• No, I won't even answer the phone. It's dangerous and besides I already used my 2 plead downs (not for phone usage), gotta wait another year before I get that back, next time gives points on the license. Don't need to be pulled over again lol

• of course NOT... I have no car yet :D :D

• very rarely. IF anything, I just read - never reply.

• lol no. No one is that important.

• I text all the time at traffic lights or when going real slow. It's a bad habit I picked up when it was legal. I don't talk while driving though.

• Nooooo. Never.

• If it's VERY brief, yes. If it's longer, absolutely not.

• Technically yes, but only at stop lights and I use voice recognition

• i have can't lie.

• Nooooooope I can't.

• Yep all the time. I gag and drive as well. Facebook, check emails so on...I know it's bad and I'll probably kill someone or myself but meh.

• Your not ever funny.

• Why anonymous?

• Why not? I use anonymous for everything on this site.

What Girls Said 21

• No way. Not even at red lights. I've heard that texting and driving can impair your reflexes as much as if you were driving drunk or high on drugs. It's not worth it, even for a second.

I was a victim of a serious collision about 3 or 4 years ago and the woman at fault was texting at the time of the accident. My arm was broken and the car was written off, and I'm happy I didn't have a passenger in the other seat. She T-boned me while I was turning left on an arrow (she went through the red), and the whole right side of the car caved inwards.

People wonder why their insurance rates are so damn high. Well, it's because of these morons.

• Glad you are alright.

• Yeah I was okay. I was a bit traumatized but other than that, just had an X-ray and an MRI and spent the night in the hospital. The car wasn't even mine and I still didn't care about it - it was a piece of shit. The airbag didn't even inflate -_-

For awhile I just thought "if only she had been looking at the light and not at her phone!"

• I use to always text and drive when I was on my rural country road that I live on where there is like no traffic EVER. But, recently having a car wreck I have realized how quickly things can go from good to bad. It wasn't due to texting, it was someone else most likely texting and being in the middle of the road. But, anyway, I don't text and drive anymore because of it. =)

• nope never, I'm a good girl=]

• Nope. never have. 99% of my texts are just silly messages from friends anyways so I'm not missing much.

Some of my friends do, but they all know I don't like it so they don't text while I'm in the car with them. I never asked them to do that, but hey, I don't mind!

• I used to..

But I barely ever drove then, and didn't drive far..

• At stoplights or if traffic is slow. =[ not good though

• I put my headphones in that have the mic and use Siri to text people. I rarely actually text manually while driving. And if I do I am at a stoplight. Still not very safe I know.

• never. i think it's the stupidest thing a person can do and i can't stand when i see people on their phones while driving.

• Yes, but I only do it at a red light. I'm not one of those idiots who drives on the highway or even down a street texting and driving not realizing wtf is going on around them.

• No, I do not. I very rarely even answer the phone when I am driving.

• No. I have more important things to do, like driving :)

• I don't drive at all, so no.

• Do you live in a city so you don't have to drive?

• Cool, my best friend in highschool is a teacher in SF and has never driven since she moved there 10 years ago. She says she only misses it when she wants to go beyond the city limits.

• Same here, I don't even own a car. And when I do go outside the city, I take the train. I like trains. :)

• I read texts sometimes at stop lights but that's it. My problem is scrolling through my music looking for a song while driving. I tell everyone I know not to text and drive because it terrifies me, so I'm a little hypocritical.

• Nope NEVER. I don't know how people can actually do this knowing it can harm someone.

• Not much chance of it happening I never text. I don't even answer my phone let it go to voice mail.

• I will read a text and reply if it's small like "ok"...but ONLY at a stoplight

• nah , I'm already a crappy driver no need to make it worse

• I don't drive. ^^

• I don't even drive D:

• I do text and drive sometimes. But I'm getting better at not doing that. I usually silence my phone and put it away so I can't easily get to it or be tempted to check