Why did she stare at me and laugh/smile after giving me the silent treatment?

I have been friend with her now for like 6 months everything has been good sometimes I felt she showed signs she liked me gave me a nickname (involving my name) , playfully punched my arm when we joked around , helped me with work , mimicked my actions and would always say Hey when I see her.

There was one time I was rude to her (this is probably the reason why she started to ignore me)

She said I was showing off to my other friend or some sh*t but I`m still cool with her best friend and recently I heard she just got a bf

so she has been giving me the silent treatment for like one week now for being ``rude`` but today my friend called her name and she just plain ignored him

now like 5 min before class was about to finish she just stared at me I guess since we haven`t been talking she wanted to get a reaction (even though she started this)

so when she was looking at me I was like

WHAT

she smiled and laughed , I looked away for a bit and she was still staring at me so I waved and said Hi since we sit across from each other, she said Hey and continued to laugh and smile. Then class was over.

So do you think she liked me and I hurt her so much which is why she gave me the silent treatment?

is the silent treatment over after this?

or is she just playing games?

god damn I`m confused lol

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 0

• My guess is she liked you, you moved too slowly and when you were rude, she feared you didn't care about her. Now she's playing games to see if you care. (Laughing when you paid her attention means she was delighted by your response because it shows you care about her in some way.)

If you like her you need to pick up the pace. If you're not sure - or you suspect she really was just a friend and is being high drama - then go back to being perfectly normal and ignore her dumb stunts or ask her regular questions, even if she's being wacky. Hopefully she calms down once you're paying her more attention and maybe you can ask her out.

Unfortunately she may think her games GOT your attention and she'll keep them up. In that case you might have to say "I liked the old, normal you better" or something like that to encourage her to stop.

• Well she was in class yesterday , after I said Hey she responded but the convo was very brief. She wasn't in class today but I saw her again at lunch, we didn't say anything though.

I'm just going to take a wild guess she's having some family issues

• Yeah, these are stupid games and the most frustrating thing is that you'd probably like to take her out for a nice time but her behavior is off-putting. Try to be a nice guy and see if you can salvage anything. Not sure why she's so offended by what you said but if she really does have a boyfriend, move on, and let him deal with her. She pays too much attention to other guys any ways so it probably won't last.

• Since then she's missed like 3 classes haven't seen her in class since when I wrote that previous message. Today out of nowhere I see her at Lunch , my friend was like look who , she is dead staring at me from far away (pretty evil tbh) she still seems mad (all because I was just rude wtf really?) , I was going to fix this problem as soon as she comes back to class but who knows if she will show up anymore this pretty damn immature right? stupid games

• Show Older

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!