Will it be weird to start ballet at this age?

Well I'm 20. Didn't have a chance to do anything other than study during my younger years. Since starting college i've only done street style dancing like hip hop and dancehal. Im also an advanced level pole dancer. I really want to start ballet but I do find the lower classes have mostly young kids... Would that be weird to go?
Has anyone started ballet at this age?

Most Helpful Girl

• l would really like to learn ballet too. but unfortunately there's no ballet courses here

What Guys Said 2

• It may be a bit weird to go but fuck it just do it if you want to. You're not going there to get looked at non weirdly anyways.

On a side note, got any advanced pole dancing tricks you want to share? =)

• Haha true ! :P

Hmm one advanced trick I guess would be the starfish :P

• I'm gonna look that up right now!

• Go for it.

What Girls Said 3

• It might be a little difficult as it's pretty strenuous, but since you already have dance experience, I think you'll be okay. You already have the discipline taught by dance so you'll be willing to put in the time you need to be great. Also, I'm sure there's beginning level classes for your age group. Have fun. :)

• I don't think it would be weird. I did gymnastics since I was 9 and I decided to take ballet classes/ point classes when I was 17 to help with posture and what not and little kids were in it. It was super fun actually.

• No, it wouldn't be weird, and your dancing background will help you in ways, but it depends if you wish to do it as a profession or for fun and exercise. But if you really want to, go for it :)