Books that have "affected your life" for the better?

I've read these books this year:

How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

The Monk who sold his Ferrari - Robin Sharma

The art of war - Sun Tzu

In each book I found a lesson or many lessons that have changed the way I think about things and in some cases the way I do things.

It doesn't have to be a self-help book. It can be any book.

I also read non-self help. This year I've read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. A Moveable feast by Hemingway. I've just started War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy and Einstein:his life and Universe by Walter Isaacson.

P. S My weakness is the Harry Potter series (I'm still a fan! Loud and proud)

What's your favourite book? Or Book that's affected your life for the better?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have read some of the books mentioned by you.. They are really inspiring.
    One more book that had helped me to get direction in life is
    "The complete works of Swami Vivekananda".. especially his book on Karma Yoga..
    The good thing about it is that it is not a religious book but more of practical one.
    How can we get meaning of the work we are doing, at the same time enjoy it and not get irritated with ups and downs in the work life.. A very different perspective towards work, or any action that we do in this world.

What Guys Said 3

• Not a big fan of books, They make me sleepy. I haven't read half of my academic books :(

• Its not for everyone. What do you enjoy doing?

• Ahhh I haven't seen most of those. I've caught a few episodes of bones and NCIS. I've watched all of Breaking Bad. I really liked that.

Other than that I watch a bunch of comedy. Modern family. The Goldbergs. The Mindy Project.

And shows I'm probably too old to watch but it's a guilty pleasure: Teen Wolf. Pretty little liars.

I'm not a big fan of reality tv :)

• Me neither. Reality sux. I love my dreams and imagination. I watch GoT too. Comedies are a bit boring to watch in a flow. Coz i watch like 20 episodes in a row. TBH i do watch simpsons, courage the cowardly dog and tom and jerry. :P (Ya, I know i'm a little older for that) And i Play DOTA for the rest of my time. :D :D :D

• i don't read books, my life is shit

• 'Killing jesus'by bill oriely its a factual historical account

What Girls Said 4

• The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho it change how I view things in life.

My favorite book is still Harry Potter Lol.

• Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster
    A Thousand Spledid Suns by Khalid Alhousaini

Both books had great effect on my view to life.

• I definitely enjoyed a Thousand splendid suns more than the Kite Runner.
      But there was this one thing the dad said in the kite runner that I always remembered:
      "There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin a variation of theft."
      Then he explains why. It was so profound.

I'll definitely add Daddy long legs to my library. Thanks :)

• You should! I am sure you'll enjoy it. :)

• The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo as well, wonderful book!!

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

The Pale King by David Foster Wallace

• I will park myself here and take notes lol

Great question by the way 😊

• Lol Thanks. But there won't be much traffic. It's not exactly a controversial question.

So far we've got some great answers 😊