Who else hates the influences and pressures society and the media (tv magazines etc.) have on people today?

All girls are insecure or negative about themself in some way. Even guys. Some people get annoyed by this, especially comments such as 'I'm so fat' when they're not. People wonder why we do it as there are others worse off than we are and they think we only care about ourselves. But it happens because we are all pressured by society and the media. Young or old, we are pressured into looking skinny, younger, pretty, have a six pack, have a boyfriend/girlfriend etcetera. I know it has an impact on me. How does it make you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you but I actually get even more annoyed by the fact that people (especially women!) let themselves be pressured into this whole stuff. See, I am a rather unique person. I don't let myself be pressured and I don't feel very pressured. I just don't really care what people think about me. If people think I'm too fat (I'm sort of chubby), then let them think that. Why would it bother me? I don't need to be friends with those people. If girls think I'm ugly because I don't have a six pack... oh well. My girlfriend likes me the way I am. If people think I'm stupid... it's okay, cuz I know I'm not. It's really a matter of attitude. I just learned to not care anymore. Plus, I boycott literally everything that I believe increases this kind of social pressure, be it boulevard newspapers, tv-shows about models, stuff like "America's next talent" or even Facebook. Unfortunately, I am quite lonely in this fight. Most people prefer adhering to social rules although they hate this pressure. That's probably (partially) why I don't have a lot of friends. It seems to me as though people hate this pressure but then in a way they also like it. Or at least they don't show much understanding when they meet people like me who fight against it.

• Everyone is influenced in some way. Whether its friends or the media or whatever. Usually we don't realise it but it happens. And it is difficult to not be affected when your constantly seeing these pressures around you. At the end of the day we are all different. Some people don't care, that's good, but some do. I'm not really one to care but sometimes I'll wish I was skinnier than I am or was prettier than I am.

What Guys Said 5

• pressure? BS... actually there r people, who don't fall into this game... personally i have my own way, and i don't feel pressured ;)

• Then that's good. But my point is so many people do.

• I said that people wonder why we do it. So obviously that would have meant those that aren't influenced. 😒

• I hate the grip the media has on todays society.

• 3.bp.blogspot.com/.../malcolm-x-on-media.jpg

Makes me fear for the future...

• I have an insecurity that my dick won't grow more and stay at 15cm. I also have an insecurity for my height which is 166 cm because all the sites on the internet say that girls want tall , ectomorph guys. Asker, what is your insecurity? can i please know?

• Sometimes I wish I was pretty and fit like a lot of the girls in magazines. Like to have a bikini body. One large insecure thing I have at the moment is my stomach. I wish it was hairless. There was hardly any there but I shaved it when I was younger thinking it wouldn't grow back.

• Ha I do, people comparing themselves to skeleton models... twerking music videos... I had enough of it

What Girls Said 2

• Actually, the masses have influenced many people throughout the ages. (During the age of Shakespeare, women who were chubby and blonde were considered beautiful by the masses. During queen Victoria's reign, she made the fad of having light skin by bleaching her face thus the creation of Snow White).
    The truth of the matter is that beauty changes throughout time, and those who don't fit society's standards will always try to be something they're not or be pressured and self conscious about fitting expectations.
    The only difference between then and now is that today technology and communication rule this day and age so people are constantly shown what the essence of beauty should be. This just shows that our generation cares too damn much about others' opinions.
    I have these issues too, but not as bad as other people because I'm skinny. However, that doesn't mean i don't worry.
    Also, some people just like to post pictures of themselves because they crave attention.
    People just gotta say "fuck you" to the negative comments and just be them.
    (Sorry for the long rant)

• I hate it too.