Why does everyone hate Frozen?

Seriously, I saw someone ask a question about it a few days ago and people were threatening to report them just for asking the question. Also people were commenting song lyrics and they got heavily down voted. ._. What's the deal? Why is that movie so hated? You're allowed to hate it, I just want to know why.

Tbh, I enjoyed the movie a lot. It's one of my favorites. Even though it's kind of overrated, it holds a special place in my heart.

Why do you hate it, if you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• People hate it because everyone else hates it kinda sad that they're conformists 😂 lol

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• Never seen it

• I don't necessarily hate it, I was just underwhelmed and honestly it wasn't the movie's fault. Being the number 1 highest grossing animated film of all time, I expected this movie to blast me out of the water, but it didn't.

• It was fine, everyone just wouldn't shut up about the fkn songs and how much they love it. So anything to do with Frozen triggers people now. People start talking about how much they like frozen and other s get annoyed and start talking about how they don't want to hear about Frozen anymore, then people who like it talk about it more asking why people seem not to like it and the people who are sick of hearing about it keep talking about it in the form of bitching that they wish people would stop talking about it...
    media.tumblr.com/.../...line_mwhdraIcvB1r1rm6n.gif
    The cycle continues.

• Love Adventure Time. But yeah that's true. I wish people didn't hate it JUST because it was overhyped though.

• Was it over-hyped? I don't feel like it was over-hyped beforehand by marketing and in the media, it was in a sense over-hyped after the fact because people posted the song everywhere and wouldn't stop singing it. That's where it starts and this is us continuing the cycle.

Some people might not like it some might it looked better than it turned out to be but that's the same with many movies, but that's not what made Frozen blow up.

• I thought the writing was pretty bad but I don't hate it. For me it's just one of those movies that felt too much like a product and not enough like art. I think tangled hit that balance well and I was disappointed beacuse I was expecting at least the same level. But I don't think less of people for liking it different perspectives draw different qualities out of movies.

• I don't hate it I've just never watched it.

• I didn't think it was that bad. I think most people are just tired of it.

• Such a boring movie 😴😴😴

• Because it's overhyped

• It isn't overrated. In my eyes at least.
    I think people hate the movie because of its ongoing popularity rather than the movie itself.
    And if you think about it, haters are kinda hypocritical. They complain the fans are annoying because they talk about it so much. And yet they post how much they hate it on the internet. It's just as annoying. Haters are hypocrites.
    And almost everyone who calls it 'overrated' doesn't give reasons on why they think so. The word 'overrated' is so damn subjective.
    But whenever they do give reasons, there are 2 scenarios:
    1) They give very poor reasons to support their opinion
    2) They wouldn't allow a different view point to express their opinions and excuse them as fanatics
    So yeah. The movie is unfairly hated in my opinion.

I only watched Frozen once a year or so ago and I haven't had any urge to watch it again, although I'd be willing to. As far as animated films go, I thought it was one of the best I've seen. It deserves the acclaim in my opinion. And Let it Go is a good song, just overplayed. I also liked the snowman song, I don't remember any of the others.

And I'd much rather listen to Let It Go than rap songs.

• what? I love it <3
    As for other people, they hate anything popular.
    Besides, those people wouldn't shut up with songs they like. So in a way you can say they hypocrite. Most of them wouldn't shut up with their rap music.

• No one really "hates" it I like tge movie a lot but its so common and repetetive in pop culture to a point where it gets kinda annoying you know?

• i kinda liked it, not in my favorites but still... .

• Because the frozen promoters and merchandisers practically deep throat the public to squeeze every penny out long after the movie was released.

• Have you asked that SPECIFIC person why they do. You can't just say, who do "people" hate it. It's too broad of a question. See if you can get the ones who do hate it, to talk to you, and ask them why they do

What Girls Said 13

• I liked the movie although it was predictable. I think people dislike the hype more than the actual movie. Like people are tired of others always forcing its quotes into things that have nothing to do with Frozen (cough "Do you want to build a snowman" being a popular choice cough). I dislike the hype too. It was a good movie, but not THIS good that people are still making dumb references to it. They're really beating a dead horse at this point, which is why so many people find it annoying.

• In all honesty when I first watched the movie I thought it was adorable you know? But then they started playing the song on the radio about 10,000,000 times a day and advertising all over the place and every single social media site was blowing up with videos and stuff about the movie and it just got really really annoying

• I thought everyone loved Frozen hence why it feels overhyped lol

• I abhor it. All that singing at the beginning did my head in.

• I didn't know that many people hate Frozen. That's something new to me, lol.
    I don't hate Frozen, I'm just not into Disney movies in general.

• i love it,,, <3

• I hate it because my nieces were crazily obsessed with it. They would wake up singing the songs and do the same thing going to sleep. Don't even get me started on how many times they begged me to watch it again with them.

• I hated because I didn't like the story, the constant single... I just didn't enjoy it overall
    But I loved the Let it Go scene

• Yeah that scene was great. 😁😅

• Hehe yeah I'm gonna follow you so if you get a follow it's from me ❤️😊

• k :p thanks for the warning

• 1|0
  • I feel like people hate it because it's trendy. They say everyone's hyping it not realizing they were part of that squad when they were four and watched the lion king.
    Kids have always gotten this excited and crazy about them people just refuse to realize this is reality and complain.
    For a Disney movie it was good. And in the eyes of a kid it's probably the most amazing thing they've ever seen.

• Literally watched it about 8 times in one week 😂 😅

• It was overhyped and honestly a very flawed film

• Frozen was awesome! And adorable lol... Olaf will always be my favourite :D