Why do so many of you women like vampire tv shows and movies?

• Because of the Vampire's special abilities
  • Because of the drama
  • Because of the plot
  • Because of the plot and drama
  • Because of the Vampire's special abilities and the drama
  • Because of the Vampires's special abilities and the plot
  • Because of the Vampire's special abilities, the drama and the plot

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't but my best friend won't a shut up about it. I think it's bc the actor is hot and the plot is good. I like horror and comedy not crsp I "Oh my who is the vampires baby daddy?"

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the blood.
    ... They're drawn to it, as if it's part of their... Cycle...
    As if... It has an emotional impact on them...
    Like, once a month.
    ...
    Blood.

What Girls Said 13

• Abilities, plot, possibility of a much richer character history. =)
    You name it.

I like books based on these the most, though.

• Have you ever played Legacy of Kain video games? Or are you not a game type of person?

• Oh, I've finished all Tomb Raiders. The graphics on the last one was unbelievable! =) Also... everything else was pretty cool ^-^

• Awesome Last Revelation was so hard :O seriously i got stuck so many times, but yeah 9 was pretty bad ass what was your favorite moment? Mine was this I just think it was so cool :)
      skip to 19:57 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GC0QFUazkQ

• Not into the shows or movies but the idea is pretty hot I guess.

The drinking blood part is only hot in a taboo period type of way bwahaha

• Is the blood sucking hot because of how it will turn her into a vampire granting her power? Or is it something else?

• Yeah I am confused when you started talking about period do you mean period as in the age of times? Or period as in a women's period? lol

• LMAO LADIES BLOODY CYCLE

• because the male vampire are hot. . duh..

• i think it's the special abilities (*^^*)

• I don't like vampire movies but according to a bi-sexual dominitrix I know she said girls are attracted to danger and mystery which explains why vampire stories are popular.

• I don't like vampire shows at all. I guess most girls watch vampire shows and movies because the actors who potrays the role of vampires are 'hot' lol

• I don't like that chic-flick shit, but to answer it simply vampires can be badass. Special powers n shit? Hell yeah!

• The guy is always hot

• most of us do. but... not me I think there dumb =/

• Lol glad to know some do :) what about zombie shows and movies?

• That sucks what about Silent Hill have you aver played those?

• because the male vampire are Hansome., Romantic

• because vampires are now depicted as sensitive, sweet and romantic eye candy basically...
    someone one day was like..."why is this so violent and horror like? this is a movie about a monster sucking the blood of people !! " and he spat in the face of Dracula and made his newest vampires pretty boys

• I hate them

• all of the above.

• Oh okay thanks for the opinion. Would you like to have eternal life like the vampires?

What Guys Said 10

• Vampires are a simultanious manifestation of power (generally also they have wealth and good dress sense) and vulnerability (in an angsty way which appeals without being pathetic) in a tall dark and handsom package. Futher they generally use a mix of 'old world charm', long lingering looks and a touch of agnst to hook the lead female into a relationship.
    Then you have the usuall control and danger fantasies playing a role. It's pretty streight forward.

• THAT TOO

• Yeah but not all vampires are tall that's actually a sterotype

• "Tall dark and handom" is a literrary trope. Most of them actually arnt all that handsom either.
      They keep to the shadows (which is a good way of looking better than you do), and are all mysterious. Basically "tall dark and handsom" is the guys version of "playing hard to get", its a stereotypical approach to flirtation which works more often than not, even if the people targetted with it hate it.
      Carrot and stick with a touch of the exotic.

• Because vampires are now mostly portrayed as young bad boys who are willing to change for the heroine, and ONLY for the heroine. It's every woman's dream.

• I've tried getting into the Originals but it's just too dramatic and gossipy

• They fantasize about pretty boys piercing them with their fangs and romantically ducking their blood out.

• Hey now I watch the Vampire Diaries, although I watched it purely because of the Originals, a family of badass vampires.

• Because they want their blood to get sucked.

• I would have made a period joke but then I would get bitten... .

• Because of the sexay male vampires.

• Because they want to go "down for the Count." If you know what I'm sayin'.

• It's because it appeals to their gooey, mushy, lame, exaggerated view of love. It's like porn to them.

• Lol wow hahah expect a lot of down votes for this

• That sounds like something a vampire would say LOL

• Maybe I am a vampire?