Do you consider Madonna an 80s,90s,00s or 10s artist?

Unlike many artists who started during da 80s…. she didn’t fade away and she’s been successful in all those 4 decades.

Personally I’d consider her an 80s artist mostly since it was da decade when she started.

but she's still a hot chick judgin by her latest video, despite she's 57 now... gosh she's even older than my mom and she has da same body and agility wid a teenage gal... impressed!!! :|

Most Helpful Girl

• I say always the 80s! That is when she became an international star and yet she was just enigmatic enough that people weren't exactly disliking her (yet). I think the 80s was when she was a combination of cute, bold, and sassy. She was gorgeous and so many women copied her style. She was also not yet pegged for things she said or did because she only made a couple of movies and her interviews were almost as long as junkets. She was a mystery.

I disliked the 90s because that's when she decided to go glam/weird. As if Cher hadn't already done this. She was all about looking like Jean Harlow - which wasn't even a sexy look, plus it was copying something else. She was becoming outspoken and her connection to some celebrities was off-putting. When she became a mom in the 90s suddenly she became a big hypocrite too, which I didn't know how to take. She used to be all about attitude and actually said publicly she'd never have children. As a mom, she became holier-than-thou.

I disliked the 00s because she seemed like she was grasping at straws to shock sexually. At this point, she was no more shocking than other artists trying to do the same thing. Ho hum. That, and her music was very watered-down as dance music and Madonna now swearing in her songs wasn't the Madonna I liked before. Madonna never used to need to swear. Just one look she gave would be able to say it all. The Britney thing happened which was probably the dumbest public gimmick I'd ever seen. When people say Madonna just doesn't care -- wrong. Madonna cares more than anyone how people view her. It's why she's doing what she's doing and why she's acting like she doesn't care. It's part of the schtick. She knows she's got a brand to protect. No different than Gene Simmons as they both age and fiercely hang on to what they once were.

Now in the 10s, I've just seen one gimmick and a lot of awful pictures of her aging online which is taking away from the talent that once was.

I stand by the 80s. Even up against Cyndi Lauper (also a genius artist), Janet Jackson (also great, but clearly not as secure), Whitney Houston (who turned to glam), and promising artists that couldn't measure up like Stacey Q, Paula Abdul, Belinda Carlisle, Kylie Minogue, Samantha Fox, and others who even couldn't touch the 90s, Madonna blew them all away for attracting all of us to her attitude and sexiness which seemed real - not something contrived by a record company.

What Girls Said 5

• I still consider her to be an 80's artist. Actually, the only songs from her I like was her music from the 80's, and maybe some from the early 90's. I'm not much of a fan of the current Madonna. Lol

• I consider her an 80s artist. That's where she started and most of the songs of hers I know where from then.

• I think she's all of the above and I think she's an awesome artist and she does looks very young still

• She continues to put out music today but personally I think her heyday was the 80s.

• I consider her a 80s artist.

What Guys Said 5

• I'll always associate her with the 80s, but her music has been making me want to shoot myself in the face since kindergarten.
    😵🔫

• I would go 80s/90s because I think that was when she was at the height of her fame. It was probably 86/87 when she really went big because at Live Aid in 1985 she was billed as a breakthrough star owner of a few small hits but yet to go global.

• I don't know but she most definitely has to stop. I mean coming on stage with those revealing outfits at her age is... wrong.

• but she has da body to support it in my opinion.. she's very fit and in good-shape for 57 yo.

• Madonna is my favorite and she is a 80's Artist

• I don't consider her an artist.