Do you agree with this?

Do you agree with this?
I saw this on my feed, and I agreed with it wholeheartedly. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Why?

• I agree.
  • I disagree.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• When i was obese a year ago, i would call myself fat, and when others called me it, i'd just accept it, because they were right.

If you are fat, and you get upset when someone calls you fat, you're stupid. Its just a word ffs.

• Yeah. That's true. Don't get upset if someone calls you fat, because it's not supposed to be a vulgar term. Society just makes it a vulgar term. I was fat, and I knew I was. I didn't get upset over it.

• +1 Riggers You must be going through a blackout lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she's right and honest and it's ok to be that way towards yourself.

What upsets me is when people say things like that towards others in a negative light or judge them because of it. First of all it's none of their business, plus it's just superficial and rude and you don't know what that person is going through and how much your comments could impact them in a negative way.

What Guys Said 7

• Agree to a degree. She should have followed up with "I'm unhealthy at this weight and should lose weight because this fat acceptance culture is destroying our species".

I find it funny that people will comment on a smoker's bad habit but defend a fat person's bad habit.

• I think if a person fits the decription of fat then they are fat.

However I dont think fat is attractive or beautiful. If they want to think of themselves as beautiful that's fine, just don't expect other people to feel the same way.

I don't think being fat is good from a health viewpoint nor do I think it's good from am aesthetic viewpoint.

• Yes i agree , if I call myself fat and someone else does, I won't get mad about it
    cause i was the one who started calling myself fat so why get upset
    or mad about it.

• I absolutely agree with this!! I mean thin, average, fat are all words that describe a body type it is not something to say there person is ugly or unattractive. Great post :)

• She is right, but she looks unhealthy, and unhealthiness is not beautiful.

• But she gets that fat shouldn't be considered a mostly negative term.

• It is a health condition. A negative one. Being called a "downie" if you have down syndrome is also a negative term, and it is because it is a bad thing. Even if you had no choice in the matter and cannot fix it.

• over weight is more politically correct, sometimes you get called bad things if you say fat instead of overweight, i'd go with over weight

• Nobody likes to be called fat

What Girls Said 4

• Fat is disorderly. Disorder is ugly. I don't think she's beautiful. Just like an anorexic girl is ugly, she is ugly. All humans react with disgust to fat and don't enjoy seeing it because it's our nature telling us: "That's wrong, oh no, you don't want to be that."

Maybe other things are about her are beautiful, but her appearance is ugly.

• I totally agree! Thank you for saying it... now to convince the rest of society...

• Agree. Overweight or obese can be more descriptive but they all mean over normal weight.

• I agree with this. It's not just with being fat though. If people admit that they're less than ideal (fat, ugly, whatever) than it means they are insecure or they're putting themselves down. Some people just know that they're fat (like her) and they are just admitting it. It's not a bad thing. I'm not fat, but I do have an unattractive face. It's very masculine looking. People have been telling me this most of my life, including family members. When I was younger, it bothered me. However, as I got older I started to realize it was true. So I say it, not because I want people to call me pretty, or because I am putting myself down, or just because of insecurity. I am not admitting that I know I am not beautiful.

The thing is, if she was saying that she is skinny, people would tell her she is delusional and call her fat. People would say the same if I tried calling myself beautiful. There is a difference between acknowledging something and putting yourself down.