To readers, how long would you say your typical reading session is?

On any typical day when you read, about how long do you usually give yourself to read?

• Typically 30 minutes or less
  • At least an hour
  • At least 2 hours
  • Longer than 2 hours
  • I'm not a reader and want to see results

Most Helpful Girl

• I read for at least an hour before bed. At that point, if I read more I won't be able to sleep.

When I'm reading during the day, 8+ hours is normal.

What Girls Said 9

• I love reading. I read almost an hour, everyday

• I usually read during breakfast, and lunch, and before I sleep, and if I'm bored... so probably 3-4 hours throughout a day... if I didn't have to do stuff I'd read for 5 hours straight

• It depends on the book. If I'm really into it I can literally spend the entire day buried in my Kindle. But if I'm busy or I'm not really into it, it's usually 2 hours per day.

• Probably like an hour, hour and a half. Once I went for three hours without even noticing, although I was finishing The Ask and the Answer, so going for a long period was no surprise.

• I could read the whole day!
    But usually 2 hours.

Unless I have free time, then 5 hours or so.

• About 2 hours

• I can read for several hours and still not get bored :-)

• I'd say at least an hour, but when I get into a book, I'll read it for the rest of the day.

• when i start a book, i always finish it on the same day...

What Guys Said 2

• Well... That depends on what you mean by read. I am assuming you mean sitting down and reading a book. Because I am pretty much always on the internet reading articles and what not so is that also considered reading? If so I spend the entire day reading lol. If not I have a book that I read for 30 minutes-'til I go to sleep depending on my environment (how annoying the people around me are) and the chapter of the book.

• Longer than 2 hours usually because its good