Have you ever drowned in water and how did that happen?

Did anyone came to rescue you?

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone drowned, they're dead. So they wouldn't be able to tell you. If someone was drowinING, they could definitely tell you.

Some already have.

• I wrote wrong English once, it was awful!

• I was poking fun at you. I'm not a Gramma Nazi. I wanted to add something more than a "No. I haven't had that happen" because who wants to hear "No" on this kind of question? :D

• That's true. The word 'no' makes me grumpy in this question.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• When I was four I nearly drowned in the lake. My Mom went into full superhero mode and rescued me. Craziest part is she is slightly crippled and usually a very, very weak swimmer and can't run well, but apparently it took her like 30 seconds flat to jump up, run and swim to me..

• Yes!

I didn't know how to swim. I still don't, by the way.

Anyway, so my cousins and I decided to just go in the water.

I decided to stay near the stairs. (They had a tree under the water. I was standing on that. The water was way top deep.

So, while my cousins were swiminh away, I decided to dance or just move a bit, you know?

Then, boom. I slipped, and lost my balance and the next thing I know, screaming for help.

I got lucky because my cousins swim fast.

• I was little in a pool float and it tipped over so my head was under water. I was on the brink of loosing consciousness when my older sister flipped me over. Not a fun day lol

• Nope, I've never drowned... my sister nearly did once though

• When I was 8, I went to summer camp for a day with my friend who had family who owned it. Many of us were participating in a swimming race in the murky lake and on my way back, I had muscle fatigue and began to sink. There were so many kids, a lot going on, never swam in a lake before and the water was so so still. Luckily, I was seen barely splashing and was saved.

• nope never happened to me

• Never drowned. But i know you'd save me if it happened <3 38.media.tumblr.com/.../...afdn8MX41r1syw4_500.gif</a>

• I drowned once. No one saved me but I saved myself instead by pulling a girl's hair. She turned around looking shocked, I apologized and told her I couldn't help I was drowning.
    Crazy moment XD

• That's so awful!

I would not want anyone to pull my tail to save themselves

• Yes i have and it was the worst thing ever i didn't know what to do or what to expect I was seven and I was looking down the river I was on a tall rock and my cousin pushed me off the rock without me knowing as a joke thinking I was able to swim then my uncle jumped in the river to save me!

• No I'm really afraid of the water.. I hope that never happens -shudders-
    I should conquer my fears..

• I have, I just remember my vision fading in and out and then my mom pulled me out.

• Yeah, my friends sister saved me. I was swimming in the lake and there was this long seaweed kind of thing and it wrapped around my leg and I couldn't swim up. I was like 7 years old.

• That's scary!

• Yeah and when I was already out of air everything happened in slow motion. Maybe that's the reason I don't go swimming anymore. I haven't been for 4 years now.

• That's awful. Go swim more, so that there are more chances of you to drown!

• If I truly drowned I would be dead.
    But in all seriousness

• Damn phone anyways I was close to drown because I was at a pool with some friends and swallowed some much chlorine I got an infection in my throat no the life guard did not try to save me I am never going to a pool again.

• Yeah I was literally right in front of him but he was too busy eating his pizza to notice me.

• He will be delivered lots of pizzas everyday from now then!

• No I'm still there. Please send help.

• Yes I drowneded and I dieded

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, when I was a kid, don't remember how old. I already knew how to swim more or less back then but I was playing around in a river and all of a sudden I stepped in a hole and couldn't feel the bottom under my feet anymore. Somehow all of the knowledge on how to swim just vanished and I started to drown. My friend who was my age came "to the rescue" only to start drowning himself. My dad then jumped in the water with his jacked and all of his possessions in it.

• Yeah I nearly drowned twice when I was in my early teenage years. The scary thing is, people don't realise you're in trouble especially when you are wearing a floatation jacket.. I was swallowing a lot sea water and then a small wave pushed me back to the shore and I got a grip on the land below and then I was fine..

• Unless you're dead you didn't drown you almost drowned. I've only ever felt the drowning feeling when I was really young trying to learn how to swim. My dad believed in the "jump into the deep end and do or die."

• Yes, i was age 10-11 and almost drown in creek water
    something I never would want relive

• My mother saved me from a pool. I accidentally fell in, and I had no idea how to swim.

• I'm the pro @ drowning around here.

• Not drowned but almost died when I put my head in the bank of river once, It was difficult breathing that time

• Yes, i used up one of my nine lives doing that :(

• When I was little I fell in at the deep end of a pool and I sunk to the bottom, I did blackout, next thing I know I'm on the pavement and my mom is doing CPR on me.

• can't say I have mr grumpy cat, bananas have no need to breathe

• Welcome my best friend :) ! You are right!

I ate a banana once, it was awful!