If a Hollywood film director made a female-version of The Karate Kid with some parts of it being kinda original, would you watch it?

Instead of most of the cast being mostly teen boys and and older Japanese man, it'll be a teen girl protagonist being bullied by both high school girls and boys with karate backgrounds and the female protagonist's savior and karate mentor is a widowed Japanese woman (with a Master skill level of Karate) or should I say "Mrs. Miyagi".

Would you ever watch something like that?

• Yes
  • No
Oh and one more thing to add, let's say "Mrs. Miyagi" is constantly underestimated by the antagonists because she's an elderly woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• They had the female version with Hilary Swank. Your idea have a few differences than what the movie had. I like your idea better.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• No! First off I dislike remakes, rehashes and reboots. Second off if there's to be a remake at least keep the characters as the original (gender, race, age etc ect).

• Sounds cool. I'd watch it.

• I think it would be a great way to inspire girls and show them how strong a woman can be. And maybe get more females into the art, since there aren't very many.

• They made already with hillary swank lol.

• Yeah but I mean as it's own separate movie franchise, not the actual sequals to the Karate Kid movies.

• Maybe hollwood needs to come up with an original concept rather than just rereleasing a movie and replacing charcters with either black or female versions.

What Guys Said 6