How to get over the fear of roller coasters?

Well im pretty much scared or rollercoasters, like i recently went to a theme park in america, florida and i was completely terrified about the rides and basically hardly went on any of them. Well now my friends have convinced me to go to draytom manor and decided to book online, and we r leaving tommorrow. Does anyone know any tips to get over my fear of rides?

ps. The few rides i did go on, i was scared of the log floom, yes a bloody "kids ride".

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no shame in that fear, and you did try it out so good for you! I personally love roller coasters, rides and even bungee jumped. I was going to go sky diving until I fell ill.

Anyways, some things you can do to maybe help with it is:

- Don't watch the coaster while waiting in line, this might make you feel intimidated especially during the "bog drop". Instead, talk and joke with your friends or family, and look at the people getting off. If majority are happy and it looks like fun, it might make you feel better and want to have fun as well.

- Keep your eyes open. If you can see what's going on and where you are headed in front of you, it helps with the fear and nausea/motion sickness.

- Go with friends and start small. You've done this already, you said you went on the log flume... but maybe there are other small ones you can try next time?

They're supposed to be a bit thrilling or scary, but also supposed to be fun. You can keep trying rides and building confidence, there is no measure of how long this might take for you to be comfortable on them. If you just don't like them, then that is okay too. There are other things you can do at amusement parks, maybe play games instead and eat some fair food. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol. The only way to get good with roller coasters is to keep your eyes open and scream. I had a bunch of older cousins that pushed me into it. They'd do stuff like say "go lets go to the front car! " and little Ol' me's like "yeah!" But inside I'm going "no no no no nooooooo" but overtime you learn your actually pretty safe despite what it feels like and you start treating it like a competition between you and the ride. Like "ha c'mon ride you honestly think that was gonna scare me". Fast forward to me now and I've been skydiving before and laughed while plummeting head first through clouds miles above the earth on my first dive.

What Girls Said 3

• close your eyes.. and think about pizza..

• you get on that shit hold on really hard and breath in and out inhale exhale keep your eyes close

• think about your crush within 2 minutes you feel like you are flying take extra underwear you might pee a bit

• Just accept your fear... no shame in it

What Guys Said 3

• Close your eyes and let things happen.

• I don't know. I never did. I just keep puking and almost having a heart attack...

• Just get on the fastest most intense one, you'll be fine at the end and realize you were worrying over nothing.