Is it weird that I don't know who most celebrities are because I don't watch Tv?

I don't watch Tv... I really don't and when people talk about celebrities I have no Idea who these are. They will be talking about a celebrity and I would ask "Who's that?" and they would go "OMG! How are you human?"... Because I don't know who these people are.

I live in south Carolina. I worked at the Rivers Dog Stadium a couple of years back. Bill Murray owns that stadium, and my friends scolded me about meeting him without knowing who he was "YOU MET BILL MURRAY? And you didn't even know who he was!"... I was like "He was just our boss... He owns the stadium... I didn't know he was a big deal."

Also, earlier today, my friends were talking about celebrity gossip and I felt so left out, because I didn't know who any of these people were... When I talk, I like to conversate with people and have intellectual conversations, and someone else's life just seems irrelavent to me, unless I know this person personally. I do not idolize anyone. I am not a fan of anyone. I don't pay attention to these people's lives.

They would look at me like I'm stupid for not knowing who a celebrity is, but I look at them like their stupid for not knowing who people like Kevin Warwick and Ramarni Wilfred is. I can't have an intellectual conversation with people my age, because all they want to do is talk about celebrity gossip, which I don't know anything about because I ditched television a long time ago. I try to talk about real world topics with people my age and they give me a blank look.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't watch tv either... I also only ever listen to my own music, so I love when people talk about pop stars or songs and I say I have no idea who/ what that is and they are like 'oh you know so and so ' or 'you have heard this song' and then they play it or show me the star and I'm like 'noooooope'

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not weird at all, i'm just like that with singers and new songs. I only do listen to oldies so when my friends talk about a young singer (any singer that started singing after 2000) or sing a new song i feel just like you and they make fun of me but it's fine since i love the singer and the music i listen to.😊

What Guys Said 1

• Nope I don't know very many either. That stuff bores me quite significantly

What Girls Said 2

• It's not weird and nobody says you have to know them all, what does that help your life anyway? I know some but I've long stopped watching TV as well or care of what's going on.

• nah.. not weird.. it is fine..