Who's your favourite vidjuh game villain?

TL;DR Vaas is my favourite villain because you form a relationship with him.

One thing I've always been more drawn to than the hero in videogames is the villain. As fun as saving people is, and as awesome as it is immersing yourself in the World you're shaping, the adventures you're embarking on, and the fruits of your labour, the catalyst for your heroic actions (the villain) has always been something that either makes or breaks a game for me.

"Are you enjoying my sister's company? Hmm? She's gonna make a warrior out of you? You are so fucked, Jason"

In a game like Far Cry 4, you are a guy trying to fulfill your dead mother's wish and get caught up in a civil war. The action is cool, choosing to free or enslave your people is awesome, and the interactions between key people and the warriors of Kyrat is captivating. With all that, however, comes the main antagonist: Pagan Min. Pagan Min, to me, was not prevalent enough in the story to make Far Cry 4 game of the year, despite how much fun I had playing it. He radiod you in every now and then, he made only 2 appearances during the entire game, and he didn't feel like he was really a catalyst to your actions.

In Far Cry 3, however, you are captured by Vaas Montenegro. Vaas taunts you, kills your brother, sells your friends, and sets you free to hunt you down. You escape, and you establish him as the catalyst for the events to follow. Throughout the game you run into him many times, and many times you escape his traps. He also talks about you, calls you 'Snow White', and eventually grows a morbid liking + dislike for you. You face off against him, he exchanges words with you, you fight, you kill him, and you and the character finally think "Sanctuary". However, the game doesn't end, but as the player you feel an almost emptiness in Rook Islands after seeing Vaas die. I personally have never experienced anything like in video games before, and because of that my favourite videogame villain is Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3.

What's yours?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it might be Anton Herzen from Professor Layton and Pandora's Box. Well, he's technically a villain but as the story unravels you realise he is just a victim, which is quite sad :(
    Also, friggin badass Layton swordfight = Professor Layton in Smash 4, which would make me cry with happiness
    https://youtu.be/zrUZLZnh1cM

What Girls Said 3

• Wario and wailuigi

• Vergil from DMC3

• Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII

What Guys Said 2

• I'm going to say the entire imc army from titanfall, mainly because the game makes it seem like a choice who the villian is, militia or them and almost everyone chooses militia as the good guy because they're fighting for human rights and freedom. Well the imc has a good enough plan that they made me feel like they're in the right, after all they own the planets that the people live on amd paid for the settlers original transports out, on top of that they are pushing science to its edge with constant upgrades to their arsenal. True they have some bad laws but people knew what they were getting into amd for the most part left the colonists alone.

• Carmilla from castlevania lod 2, very hard to beat , even compared to final boss lol

i.ytimg.com/vi/s8kDz07G4z0/maxresdefault.jpg