Why is Harry Potter's 1st book called HP&the sorcerer's stone in some cases? The right one is HP& the philosopher's stone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it's only called that in America, because I suppose negative views on alchemy but primarily that sorcerer sounds more magical and thus was considered more marketable ass it told more what you were going to be reading lol

• Never would of thought that they'd change the title of the book just because it seems better for them, this changes the story of the book too, as the stone is actually called philosopher's in British version.

• Happens all the time I'm a fiction writings shot so I know a couple instances. I agree with you and for that reason alone I sought out and bought a British edition.
      It totally makes Nicholas Flamel all the cooler.

• Totally :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it's only the Sorcerer's Stone in America. Tumblr thinks it's simplification

What Guys Said 1

• In britan or where ever the hell J. K. Rowling is from its philosopher's stone. It was changed because they feared western audience's wouldnnot understand

What Girls Said 1

• It's actually Philosopher's stone.