Doing a project for History, would it be offensive if I drew a picture of Hitler?

Hey :D So the drawing is just a side view of him doing the nazi arm signal. I was proud of it but I am kinda iffy on it now since the people who did see it were like, woah why hitler? After I explained its a project, they calmed down lol. It is for history.. so its appropriate? I've seen other posters that had the nazi symbol and the teacher said it was alright to make the poster on the Holocaust if thats what we wanted to focus on. I just dont want to offend anybody.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah if it's relevant to your project hand it in!
    If anyone gets offended so be it

• Hehe Thanks, I also have to present it in front of the class, so that's another reason why I hesitated.. don't want people to think that I rep Hitler.

• Haha Thats a good point. Mmkay, I feel better about this. xD Thanks, I really needed that. :p Have a nice day x

• Good luck with your presentation!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• You know it would be

• Ye, i feel like some sensitive people could take it the wrong way, but i think it would be like directly offensive if I showed up and did the sign myself, ya know?

What Guys Said 5

• No but the education system is uhh... iffy about stuff these days.
    Some kid got suspended for pointing a gun-shaped chicken nugget at his classmate or something by that line.
    PC is out of hand.

• Yeah go for it. I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to. It's not like drawing a picture of Hitler instils in you a belief of Aryan superiority :P
    www.troll.me/.../...you-hear-hes-a-prick-thumb.jpg
    ^I drew that and I'm not a nazi

• It's appropriate. You are simply stating facts. Go for it

• Mmkay, Thanks. I think if I was still concerned, I should consider asking like a teacher before that class. I got fairly new teachers this week (still kinda shy with them) and I didn't have time to ask yesterday since my teacher was rushing everybody out of the class lol. Thanks for the advice :p

• No no, hitler was a noble man.

• I actually studied Hitler in college a little bit in a Leadership Class. Quite interesting. We know the acts now were inhuman but there is a reason why so many people followed him. He did have some great leadership qualities that all can learn. Just he used is power for bad and not good. For history yes he is very important and should be learn about what he did. If we didn't we are arrogant and just ignoring the facts. We learn from history and sometimes history does repeat itself so we do need to be able to identify that. Now a classroom of 14 year olds may not haha. But was it appropriate yes.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you will be fine. The drawing of Hitler sounds relevant to the project. You didn't include it just to be silly or offensive. That being said, some people may be offended anyway. I don't think you should worry about it overall, though. What matters the most is that you followed and included all the requirements for your project.

• Mhm, yeah I can see. Thank you, I've been stressing over it for the past couple hours and it wouldn't stop bothering me lol. I made sure to keep the drawing of him in a fair size so it wouldn't be in your face, plus the poster requires at least ten drawings, so hopefully the other drawings will make the hitler drawing more subtle. :D I think I'll ask my Art teacher about it also.

• I can see why you're worried. Hitler is an... infamous historical figure after all. I was going to recommend talking to your teacher (s) as well to get their thoughts on the matter. As a teacher myself, I'd be more interested that you completed the project as assigned and not focus just on one drawing. Of course, that's just me and I can't speak for all teachers.